Mueller rejects argument that Trump is shielded from obstruction laws

Mueller rejects argument that Trump is shielded from obstruction laws

Source: washpost

April 18 at 3:32 PM 

President Trump, upon first learning of the appointment of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, cursed and declared, “this is the end of my presidency,” according to the redacted 400-page report by Mueller released Thursday by the Justice Department. 

The detailed document depicts a Trump campaign that expected to “benefit electorally” from information stolen and released by Russia and a president who subsequently engaged in several alarming actions, including seeking the ouster of former officials and ordering a memo that would clear his name. 

The release of the report followed a news conference at which Attorney General William P. Barr exonerated Trump, saying neither he nor his campaign colluded with Russia and that none of Trump’s actions rose to the level of obstruction of justice, despite Mueller leaving that question unanswered in his report. 

[Read the report here] 

A team of Post reporters is reading the Mueller report. This page will update frequently with their findings. 
Mueller's key findings

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-report-russia-investigation-findings/2019/04/18/b07f4310-56f9-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?utm_term=.0d26cd3f4377 

• Platinum Contributing Member

And the rest of what he said.  He wasn't worried about being in legal trouble or impeached.   He wanted to get shit done. 

Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels, it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me," Trump said, according to the report.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1