Spring Time.

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

I hate spring. Worst season by 1000x

Early spring is absolutely the worst. Late spring (May) is one of my favorite times of the year. Still cool enough to work outside but warm enough to go out in the boat, wheeling, etc. And everything is finally green and the mud is gone. :bc: 

13 hours ago, jammin said:

Looks great Tom @AKIQPilot.  Everything OK at the house when you got back?  I assume you have someone check on it while you are out playing.  

Lost our last snow in MKE yesterday.  Still 12" North and 12" of ice on the lake.  Havent done anything except clean up the shit piles from Reese that were trapped under the snow for the past 4 months lol.  Might head to the cabin next week to check things out and get the water turned on and do a few other things.  You home looks awesome.  Do you still have the float plane?  

Try Reese x3.......:flush:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Oh look , it's Team Misery , SMH

1406645333_giphy.gif.cf(57).gif.4d0007ac9edefe91b01e6e67deaf059e.gif

48 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Try Reese x3.......:flush:

I have 2. A Mastiff mix, and a Boxer , that both shit like a person. :lmao:  That's why I like to keep up on the clean up. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

13 hours ago, jammin said:

Looks great Tom @AKIQPilot.  Everything OK at the house when you got back?  I assume you have someone check on it while you are out playing.  

Lost our last snow in MKE yesterday.  Still 12" North and 12" of ice on the lake.  Havent done anything except clean up the shit piles from Reese that were trapped under the snow for the past 4 months lol.  Might head to the cabin next week to check things out and get the water turned on and do a few other things.  You home looks awesome.  Do you still have the float plane?  

Things were good all year.  I keep track of things pretty close while I'm gone.  I have about 10 security cameras with alarm system and several automated lights I can turn on and off remotely.  All of my thermostats are wifi enabled smart stats with multiple remote room sensors so I can monitor the temp of my boiler and most rooms in the house remotely.  I have a boiler tech on retainer if needed.  I pay him an hour to stop by in the fall while I'm home and we go over all of my systems and spare parts and we come up with a plan on how to respond if I need him to access the house to make a repair.  I also have several neighbors that are close friends that I can count on if I need someone to stop by and look things over.  

In mid Feb I got an alarm from my smart stat that the main floor had been calling for heat for 2hrs with no increase in room temp.  I took a quick look at my boilercam and sure enough the boiler was not firing.  I called my friend and neighbor and he stopped by.  We facetimed and watched the mimic lights on the PLC and within a minute I knew the igniter had failed.  He swapped out the igniter for me and she fired right up and purred like a kitten.  He looked at my maintenance log and I had last replaced that igniter in Oct 2011 so it was about time for a new one.  

Not one person came on my property all winter that didn't have permission.  I was even able to talk to the UPS man a couple of times via my cameras and he placed packages in hidden spots instead of the front porch.  It's kinda scary just walking away from your home for weeks or months at a time during the middle of winter but I have a fairly good system and can monitor most things almost instantly.  

Sold the plane the year before I retired.  Same with the race car.  No way could I retire and afford those expensive to maintain items for long.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Anler said:

We did a little already but with the shitty weather last weekend I still have alot to do. get all of the patio furniture out, put the snowblower away, get all of the winter shit out of the garage and put it in the shed, get the pool opened up, clean up all of the sticks and shit in the yard, pull weeds, put mulch down, blah blah. I need some illegal mexicans!

The guy who does the lawn at home is a crippled white guy, he's been going the grass for about 20 years now and the problem is he doesn't do mulch, bush trimming, etc.....and no ones wants to do that with out getting the grass contract, I was my guys second customer, my shit gets done on Friday............I can't drop the guy.

11 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Things were good all year.  I keep track of things pretty close while I'm gone.  I have about 10 security cameras with alarm system and several automated lights I can turn on and off remotely.  All of my thermostats are wifi enabled smart stats with multiple remote room sensors so I can monitor the temp of my boiler and most rooms in the house remotely.  I have a boiler tech on retainer if needed.  I pay him an hour to stop by in the fall while I'm home and we go over all of my systems and spare parts and we come up with a plan on how to respond if I need him to access the house to make a repair.  I also have several neighbors that are close friends that I can count on if I need someone to stop by and look things over.  

In mid Feb I got an alarm from my smart stat that the main floor had been calling for heat for 2hrs with no increase in room temp.  I took a quick look at my boilercam and sure enough the boiler was not firing.  I called my friend and neighbor and he stopped by.  We facetimed and watched the mimic lights on the PLC and within a minute I knew the igniter had failed.  He swapped out the igniter for me and she fired right up and purred like a kitten.  He looked at my maintenance log and I had last replaced that igniter in Oct 2011 so it was about time for a new one.  

Not one person came on my property all winter that didn't have permission.  I was even able to talk to the UPS man a couple of times via my cameras and he placed packages in hidden spots instead of the front porch.  It's kinda scary just walking away from your home for weeks or months at a time during the middle of winter but I have a fairly good system and can monitor most things almost instantly.  

Sold the plane the year before I retired.  Same with the race car.  No way could I retire and afford those expensive to maintain items for long.  

Probably a stupid question; do you have a standby genset?

Edited by Mileage Psycho

11 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I just installed 6 Arlo Pro 2's at home a couple of weeks ago.  So easy and very impressed so far, all wireless, instant notifications, 1080p video.  A couple are even solar powered.  Will do the same up north, might install these there and upgrade to the ultra 4K with automatic motion zoom.