Oofda

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I wonder what Trump's charity % is at?  :dunno:

Neal

But Trump.  :lol:  $102.4 million in the last 5 years.  In order for Trump's % to be equal to Beto he would have had to made $34 billion.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/a-93-page-list-of-donald-trumps-charitable-contributions-from-the-last-five-years/2013/

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

But Trump.  :lol:  $102.4 million in the last 5 years.  In order for Trump's % to be equal to Beto he would have had to made $34 billion.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/a-93-page-list-of-donald-trumps-charitable-contributions-from-the-last-five-years/2013/

I bet he says that's less than he has made!  :lol:

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Conservation easements are charitable donations now eh?

Neal

Thought they have been for a long time.   My neighbor did a large chunk of his property 5-6 years ago. :pc:  Not for me but I can see some places it would work.   I don't want a board telling me what I can and cannot do with my property.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Thought they have been for a long time.   My neighbor did a large chunk of his property 5-6 years ago. :pc:  Not for me but I can see some places it would work.   I don't want a board telling me what I can and cannot do with my property.  

A large  chunk of family owned property in the U.P. of MI approached the conservation district  about their land , with two stipulations . One,  the family  has full use of the land / cabin for enjoyment and Two, the snowmobile trials in place will be granted full use . The district said yes to the family use and No to the snowmobile trail use.  Family still owns the property.

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

A large  chunk of family owned property in the U.P. of MI approached the conservation district  about their land , with two stipulations . One,  the family  has full use of the land / cabin for enjoyment and Two, the snowmobile trials in place will be granted full use . The district said yes to the family use and No to the snowmobile trail use.  Family still owns the property.

The one my neighbor was in said if I was interested I better start making private donations to the place that handles it.   I was like why?   He said on these types of easements they eventually have a court fight sometime down the road because often times when its sold the buyers sue to get out of it.   He said the donations he made took place of many of the tax advantages.   Seemed really fucking dumb to me.   Lose control of your ground and no financial benefit.   Fuck that.