Bill Weld officially announces he is challenging Trump for GOP nomination in 2020

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I spoke with him last week while having breakfast. I knew he was going to announce but he was not biting that he was at the time.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/15/politics/bill-weld-2020-trump/index.html

Was he having bloody Mary's with breakfast?

Or Mimosa's?

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Watch for another republican to challenge Trump.

It would be a fruitless effort. The republicans arent dumb enough to back another candidate against their sitting president. Unless there was some incriminating evidence that warranted doing so... 

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Weld would actually be decent,  being a pub gov in Mass isn't easy and it teaches you to work with people.  

Had the lib ticket been reversed last time I may have voted for him. BUt Ive never been a fan of throwing a vote away. And that is what it would have been. Liked the guy as Mass gov.

So didn't many others. His reelection got him a higher % of the vote then any other gov in Mass history. I do believe he won all but 1 town.

19 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Buckeye john and magic mitt are thinking about a Potus run again. According to d.c.  political whispers.

I could see Kasich but not Romney.  Mitt wants to be the McCain in Trumps side.  

7 hours ago, Anler said:

It would be a fruitless effort. The republicans arent dumb enough to back another candidate against their sitting president. Unless there was some incriminating evidence that warranted doing so... 

His approval ratings are in the dumpster......the RNC knows this and has better candidates. 

Trump would have to win a primary.......not gonna happen if more repubs decide to run.

Edited by Mainecat

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup even I voted for him.

Most did.

Weld won re-election to a second term as governor of Massachusetts in 1994 by the largest margin in Massachusetts history, garnering 71 percent of the vote. He ran against challenger Mark Roosevelt (D), great grandson of Theodore Roosevelt

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

His approval ratings are in the dumpster......the RNC knows this and has better candidates. 

Trump would have to win a primary.......not gonna happen if more repubs decide to run.

His numbers are better than Obama's was.

90% R approval.