Wow, motortrend doesn't know anything about trucks

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, the “box shake” on the tundras is pretty well documented...like their poor gas mileage.  It’s weird, I can see mine shaking on rough roads in the rear view but, no damage.  Also, they have weak tailgates.  I’ve beant mine carrying heavy loads with the gate down.  Stupid short bed...but it looks GNAR!!!!  :lol:

When my ball joints crapped out, driving over some shitty road full of pot holes the fucking truck would drift back and forth across all 3 lanes. It was rather unsettling. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

When my ball joints crapped out, driving over some shitty road full of pot holes the fucking truck would drift back and forth across all 3 lanes. It was rather unsettling. :lol: 

Other drives tend to get a tad “unsettled” also.

FUCK THEM!!!  ‘MURICA!!!  :lol:

Lost both lower ball joints in my last Silverado before it hit 60k.  Wtf?  They blamed it on my tires.   :lmao:

Z71 “OFF ROAD” bitches!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Other drives tend to get a tad “unsettled” also.

FUCK THEM!!!  ‘MURICA!!!  :lol:

Lost both lower ball joints in my last Silverado before it hit 60k.  Wtf?  They blamed it on my tires.   :lmao:

Z71 “OFF ROAD” bitches!!!!!!

You know I put some ko2's on it and they wore like shit. I've had at's on previous trucks and they were great. I was not a fan of those ko2s. I put some good all seasons on there and it has been better in almost every way. Getting better mpgs too. 

Edited by Anler

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

You know I put some ko2's on it and they wore like shit. I've had at's on previous trucks and they were great. I was not a fan of those ko2s. I put some good all seasons on there and it has been better in almost every way. Getting better mpgs too. 

Yeah, I used them for years but jumped to Duratracs when they came out.  I’ve lost count how many sets I’ve been through. 4-5 maybe?  All fantastic on wear.

Due for tires this summer I think.  Looking for a change but don’t want some shit rubber that is “wooped out” at 5k miles.

292,000 km (182,000 miles) on my 14 Ram Sport Crew Hemi 8 spd 3.21 gear.

Exhaust manifold bolts at 170,000 km (106,000 miles)

RF wheel bearing at 260,000 km (162,000 miles)

Rear diff rebuild from noisy carrier bearing at 271,000km (169,000 miles). That pissed me off cuz the fluid has never been dirty, changed every 60,000km.

And that's it, it even still has the original front rotors on it, I service the brakes spring n fall. No 4-Low in the bush but lots of 4wd and hauling trailers and material. The ZF 8 spd is the best in the business, just keep the fluid clean. The 196,000km (122,000 mile) service interval is a crock of shit.

Averages 12.8L/100km, 22MPG Cdn, 18MPG US, city n hwy. As good as 10.8 - 11.2L/100km, 26MPG Cdn, 22MPG US highway

This is my first new Dodge, my GM's were great before but this has hands down been the best vehicle I've ever owned.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It was good until it wasn't, 90K on the clock for V8 failure is unacceptable, it's a problem with the 5.7's that Mopar won't acknowledge. This has turned many loyal Mopar owners off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MGRJl7Mzg8

:thumbsup: :lol:

Add in the fiat - bundy  flying off rocker arm failures.

5 hours ago, Snake said:

rust.thumb.jpg.71b29c212c896d875d0ee328b085846d.jpg

It doesn't matter what make/manu it is today, if you're not going to spray/wash underneath and get your vehicles undercoated/Rust Proofed, that is going to happen. I can tell by the looks of the frame and the rest of the undercarriage, it has never been rust proofed or it has been years since it was last done? I'm not 100% sure where you live or what they use on your roads (if anything?) but up here for the last few years they have been using a liquid brine. That shit is even more nasty than salt. :flush:

Edited by irv