Wow, motortrend doesn't know anything about trucks

59 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Mines a 09.

Zero rust.

I spray yearly and keep washed in fenders.

Salty area?  My buddy had a 14 he did the same but rusted in 2 years on bumper but got it replaced under warranty 

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They are the BIC lighter of pickup trucks, there are some serious issues with the cam lobes getting disintegrated due to the V8 to V4 activation, mine made it to 90,000 miles and it was game over, it's a $8,500.00 to $10,000.00 repair.

Having owned a fleet of trucks for more years than I care to remember and trying different brands at one time or another; I will say nothing beats a small block for reliability and longevity, I'm done experimenting with Fords and Mopars.

Image result for general motors

Yes they are, too bad that 5.7 is an under engineered piece. 

Ahhh....the GM multi displacement eco bullshit was 100x the disaster the Ram one was. Good grief man

Just now, f7ben said:

Ahhh....the GM multi displacement eco bullshit was 100x the disaster the Ram one was. Good grief man

agreed and I am a GM guy.  I'd be buying a RAM today,  i actually regretted the purchase of my 14  Chevy and should have gone ram then

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Dude, it's on the original engine you dingaling.

how many cam phasers, manifold bolts and spark plugs shot out.  if you ignore those the 5.4 was awesome.  

I was looking at a truck for my boy and an 05-06 silverado was my preference,  it was the best 5.3 GM every made before MDS.  Don't even remmeber doing the intermediate shaft on my later 5.3 GMT's

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed and I am a GM guy.  I'd be buying a RAM today,  i actually regretted the purchase of my 14  Chevy and should have gone ram then

I have been a die hard GM guy my whole life. There was a time I would have bet you a million dollars I would never own a dodge anything. This truck has been nothing but great. And that 2019 looks like the cats ass compared to mine. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I bought a Ram for a personal vehicle, I'd be suicidal if I had bought any for fleet vehicles. Best thing I did was buy one for personal use instead of for business use, down time is stupid expensive when a service vehicle is down and out.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have been a die hard GM guy my whole life. There was a time I would have bet you a million dollars I would never own a dodge anything. This truck has been nothing but great. And that 2019 looks like the cats ass compared to mine. 

You use your truck as a commuter vehicle and for towing beaner trailers and more recently a two place enclosed trailer, I'm serious when I say I wouldn't want one for a service vehicle.

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You use your truck as a commuter vehicle and for towing beaner trailers and more recently a two place enclosed trailer, I'm serious when I say I wouldn't want one for a service vehicle.

I tow all kinds of stuff with my truck and I drive it everyday. I have 3 different hitches in the storage bin of the back seat. 130k on the clock and no issues. Well except those ball joints but those are a wear item. 

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was the same. It will be years, if ever, that I go back. 

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I tow all kinds of stuff with my truck and I drive it everyday. I have 3 different hitches in the storage bin of the back seat. 130k on the clock and no issues. Well except those ball joints but those are a wear item. 

Moog greasable bj. Good stuff.

56 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Want to compare what I have owned and what you have owned? :news:

Experience, you ain't got it BOZO :lol: 

You're an idiot.....we all know this

The GM mds was a significant issue for nearly a decade. The ram problems were far less affected years and less common. 

If you need me to spend 5 minutes owning you on this I will. 

Dumbass

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Not too much in the north in June. Fredericton has a festival. Most are july/ August.

hmm.  i'll be in Fredericton for a week in June for a conference and have some time after arriving and before flying back so look around but doesnt seem like much going on.