2018 tax fucking

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh trust me, it's quite possible in NYS..

My father's property and school taxes were double in NYS on a $154k house in a normal neighborhood than his 750k house in Goodyear, AZ in a private gated community and the house in AZ is on a country clubs golf course..

NYS fucks us hard. I pay a bit over 6k in taxes on a 85k small 3 bedroom ranch on an acre.

The good thing is the houses in CNY are pretty cheap to buy. I've seen pics of slingers place it's a 180k-200k house around here (just a guess from what I have seen) but he probably has 1k a month in taxes...Just stupid property and school taxes here

Alot of houses in suburban chicago arent as expensive as they could be because of crazy property taxes. Nobody wants to buy that tax bill. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Lets start with this.  How are you paying 10K or greater in state income taxes in New York making 160k?

NY's rate is right around 6.3%.   Divide 10K x 6.3% and you get $158K.  

https://www.tax-brackets.org/newyorktaxtable

Tax Bracket Tax Rate
$21,400.00+ 6.33%
$80,650.00+ 6.57%
$215,400.00+ 6.85%
$1,077,550.00+

8.82%

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh trust me, it's quite possible in NYS..

My father's property and school taxes were double in NYS on a $154k house in a normal neighborhood than his 750k house in Goodyear, AZ in a private gated community and the house in AZ is on a country clubs golf course..

NYS fucks us hard. I pay a bit over 6k in taxes on a 85k small 3 bedroom ranch on an acre.

The good thing is the houses in CNY are pretty cheap to buy. I've seen pics of slingers place it's a 180k-200k house around here (just a guess from what I have seen) but he probably has 1k a month in taxes...Just stupid property and school taxes here

I pay $2,600 on a $225,000 4 bedroom on a half acre.

Yeah, you guys are getting fucked, but don't blame it on Trump.. blame your out of control politicians you elected there.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Alot of houses in suburban chicago arent as expensive as they could be because of crazy property taxes. Nobody wants to buy that tax bill. 

Yeah... it sure ain't the Mogadishu issue you guys have. :lmao:

He stated that his state income taxes were 10k at 160k those are the numbers he is using.  And those dont work according to this:

https://smartasset.com/taxes/new-york-tax-calculator#v4FdBVIyqm

2017:

state income taxes: 10K

state real estate taxes: 10K

mortage interest: 15K

personal exempltions: 8K

total deductions : 43K

personal exemptions (no longer available): 0

total deductions (because of 10k cap on real estate and state taxes combined): 25K

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

He stated that his state income taxes were 10k at 160k those are the numbers he is using.  And those dont work according to this:

https://smartasset.com/taxes/new-york-tax-calculator#v4FdBVIyqm

2017:

personal exempltions: 8K

total deductions : 43K

personal exemptions (no longer available): 0

total deductions (because of 10k cap on real estate and state taxes combined): 25K

Says $9480 when I put in $160K?   Not sure how the location changes it.  

Edit:   $6984 when adding $45K in deductions.  $700 less in taxes in 2018 vs. 2017.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

image.thumb.png.263b573c3d8fba3ef70a9c7e86f30c93.png

I put in Ballston Spa, gave me 8483.

Now do the advanced and add in $45K in itemized deductions.  Show's $700 less taxes this year.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, racer254 said:

I did that with 43k and 25k for 2018 and its 19873 vs 16128  for a difference of 3745

Bet the calculator caps the itemized deductions for you and chooses the more efficient filing.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Bet the calculator caps the itemized deductions for you and chooses the more efficient filing.  

Maybe, but we still never got up to the 10k in income taxes for the state at 160k.  This is the perfect example using online tax calculators.

You have to get to 185 before state goes over the 10k mark, then when you itemize 43k, it drops it back down to around 8400.  It ain't hard to figure out what he was trying to do, but like it was pointed out, his numbers don't work and when you make them work, you are over middle class income.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Lets start with this.  How are you paying 10K or greater in state income taxes in New York making 160k?

OMFG :lol:

those were fucking examples to help you understand wtf happened with the deduction loss. not only that, those numbers are not far fetched. property taxes and state income taxes can easily add up to $20K here in NY. mortgage interest can easily add up to $15K as well. now do you want to continue with the lesson, or are you going to keep playing your stupid little game? 

Edited by Snoslinger
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

OMFG :lol:

those were fucking examples to help you understand wtf happened with the deduction loss. not only that, those numbers are not far fetched. property taxes and state incomes can easily add up to $20K here in NY. mortgage interest can easily add up to $15K as well. now do you want to continue with the lesson, or are you going to keep playing your stupid little game? 

You just got proven to be a fucking liar.  Why don't you tell us what the actual numbers are and redeem yourself?  Last year refund vs this year

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You have to get to 185 before state goes over the 10k mark, then when you itemize 43k, it drops it back down to around 8400.  It ain't hard to figure out what he was trying to do, but like it was pointed out, his numbers don't work and when you make them work, you are over middle class income.

:lol:

you can't figure out shit, and that is obvious to most people in here. 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

you can't figure out shit, and that is obvious to most people in here. 

Post real numbers or shut the fuck up.

Otherwise, you are a whiney bitch from New York.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

anyone else want to take a crack at helping racer understand the issue? jesus, i give him realistic numbers, the equations, and he STILL doesn't get it. 

Put your numbers in.  I gave the link to the website, should be easy for you to prove.  Hit 10k in state income tax.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

anyone else want to take a crack at helping racer understand the issue? jesus, i give him realistic numbers, the equations, and he STILL doesn't get it. 

Ready to make accusations when he ain't even got the stones to prove it.

Sad, really.