Sign in to follow this  
Snoslinger

2018 tax fucking

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

 

Funny how the sleazeballs that always vote for more taxes and more programs always get  pissed when THEY have to write a check

Where have I advocated middle class paying more taxes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

They’re not really getting fucked in OT. Another myth by people who don’t have a clue. It all comes out in the wash, unless that extra income threw them into a higher tax bracket. Even then it doesn’t add up the the % withheld. 

It puts them well past what they can right off. I’m talking about people that can make a couple of grand more in a week  not a few hundred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Where have I advocated middle class paying more taxes?

 

Everytime that you go to the ballot box .  Besides , if you paid more this year then you either made a shit ton more than you did last year or you are just full of it with this whole rouse .  Either way , I made more and paid less % wise . TBH with you , I was nervous but it worked out well for me

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

The state income taxes , combined with the property taxes, is capped at $10,000. That is well, well short for me. Then there’s the elimination of the personal exemptions, which was also a nice chunk off. 

Who is running your state.  FFS, pay up and stop bitching.  Maybe you just should let someone else do your accounting for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Woodtick said:

It puts them well past what they can right off. I’m talking about people that can make a couple of grand more in a week  not a few hundred. 

Write off? Not sure what you mean. I’m referring to people that put in OT seeing they had more taxes withheld in their paycheck, sometimes a lot. But at the end of the year, that comes out in the wash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

 

Everytime that you go to the ballot box .  Besides , if you paid more this year then you either made a shit ton more than you did last year or you are just full of it with this whole rouse .  Either way , I made more and paid less % wise . TBH with you , I was nervous but it worked out well for me

Clueless, as I thought 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I’m still getting fucked bigly. 

You're getting fucked because you live in a fucked up state.  I made way more than you did in 2018 and I paid way less in federal taxes.  Trump saved me thousands.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll throw out some example numbers so sal can understand what happened to a lot of us. 

Between state incomes taxes, property taxes, and personal exemptions (something everyone uses) people who could once claim $40000 are now capped at $24000. 

People who once paid $10000 in these costs, can now claim $24000. They make out better. So people with low mortgages, in cheap tax states, made out better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You're getting fucked because you live in a fucked up state.  I made way more than you did in 2018 and I paid way less in federal taxes.  Trump saved me thousands.  

 

He's just full of shit like he always is , he paid less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I’ll throw out some example numbers so sal can understand what happened to a lot of us. 

Between state incomes taxes, property taxes, and personal exemptions (something everyone uses) people who could once claim $40000 are now capped at $24000. 

People who once paid $10000 in these costs, can now claim $24000. They make out better. So people with low mortgages, in cheap tax states, made out better 

So you think the Federal Government should subsidize the poor financial decisions of the state of New York? Or for that matter penalize the fiscal responsibility of states that don't have high taxes  and are more responsible with the tax money they collect and how they spend it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

 

He's just full of shit like he always is , he paid less

If you still can’t understand how this happens, you don’t have a clue about taxes and probably shouldn’t be commenting in a thread about taxes. 

Just sayin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

As expected, I’m getting dry fucked. The standard deduction is well short of the deductions I had prior. Thanks to the state and local tax cap, and elimination of personal exemptions. The end result is instead of getting several grand back, I’m paying several grand in. 

 I’m sure there are many others in expensive states getting fucked as well.

I’m also sure some in here are getting fucked and either don’t know it, or not admitting it

I got around $650-700 more back compared to my 2017..but that was mostly in my federal return,..my state was only around $80 more,..but I'm a single parent with custody of 2 kids..I was surprised since I didn't have summer camp to add in to deductions..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

If you still can’t understand how this happens, you don’t have a clue about taxes and probably shouldn’t be commenting in a thread about taxes. 

Just sayin 

I paid in less less and got more back. Read that as many times as it takes to get it through your thick skull :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

So you think the Federal Government should subsidize the poor financial decisions of the state of New York? Or for that matter penalize the fiscal responsibility of states that don't have high taxes  and are more responsible with the tax money they collect and how they spend it?  

Lol. Another tax illiterate. Have I griped about people in cheap states and low mortgages getting a “free” $24k deduction? Why should they get a freebie, if you want to play this game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I’ll throw out some example numbers so sal can understand what happened to a lot of us. 

Between state incomes taxes, property taxes, and personal exemptions (something everyone uses) people who could once claim $40000 are now capped at $24000. 

People who once paid $10000 in these costs, can now claim $24000. They make out better. So people with low mortgages, in cheap tax states, made out better 

You can claim the standard deduction or itemized deductions to lower your taxable income. The standard deduction lowers your income by one fixed amount. On the other hand, itemized deductions are made up of a list of eligible expenses. You can claim whichever lowers your tax bill the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You can claim the standard deduction or itemized deductions to lower your taxable income. The standard deduction lowers your income by one fixed amount. On the other hand, itemized deductions are made up of a list of eligible expenses. You can claim whichever lowers your tax bill the most.

That is true. But because of my limitations now, I’m under $24k. So I take the standard. Before I was well over $24k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

That is true. But because of my limitations now, I’m under $24k. So I take the standard. Before I was well over $24k

What limitations changed that drastically?

Neal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What limitations changed that drastically?

Neal

State income taxes and property taxes combined are capped at $10k. Around here property taxes alone come close to That. 

Also, there used to be a “personal exemption” deduction you could claim, separate from the standard or itemized deductions. For a couple that was close to $8000 if I’m not mistaken. That is no longer available, and was supposed to be “covered” by the new standard deduction of $24000.

Edited by Snoslinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What limitations changed that drastically?

Neal

 

Mortgage interest for one thing , pretty sure property tax  also in some cases but I could be mistaken on the latter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

 

Mortgage interest for one thing , pretty sure property tax  also in some cases but I could be mistaken on the latter

There is no limit on mortgage interest 

Edited by Snoslinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I got almost a 100% increase in refund.  :bc:

And beanz check bitches!!

Neal

FUCK YO BEANZ NIGGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you should do your own taxes so you have a clue to what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Glad you like the middle class paying more taxes. Trump lied again. I suspect you didn’t make out any better either, and fall in the “too dumb to realize “ department. Do you do your own taxes? Know how to? 

I made more money and paid a less tax rate.

And yes, my wife who has 30 plus years in the IRS does her own taxes. :lol: And we get audited every year. What the fuck you got to bitch about? :lol2:

Edited by Snake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snoslinger said:

Some of you should do your own taxes so you have a clue to what happens

Fuck all that...my buddy is an accountant and I'm just a stupid alky paint huffer!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.