2018 tax fucking

Just now, Snoslinger said:

don't be embarrassed, youre not the only one who doesn't understand what happened. 

Everyone knows what you are trying to prove, but use a real world example.  House mortgage, children marriage status, income etc.  You won't.

Just now, racer254 said:

Everyone knows what you are trying to prove, but use a real world example.  House mortgage, children marriage status, income etc.  You won't.

i have you damn fool. which part do you think is not accurate? 

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, I can play dumb all day.  It frustrates you.  Its not middle class.

only you're not "playing" dumb, you are. so $160K isn't middle class? you still don't get the fundamentals of the problem and don't want to proceed because you'll feel foolish. so instead, you'll play this "the numbers are not valid" game. so please, tell me which numbers you feel are not valid. 

Edited by Snoslinger

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

OK racer, are you ready for your "taxes 101" lesson? the first part of this example you may have difficulty with is the taxes. are those equations for both years correct? 

Here you advocate for all the free shit the government should be giving as long you're not the one paying.

Fuck you should be paying at least twice that in taxes.  :lol: 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Here you advocate for all the free shit the government should be giving as long you're not the one paying.

Fuck you should be paying at least twice that in taxes.  :lol: 

stfu. i haven't been advocating free shit at all. stay the fuck out of this will ya? 

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

stfu. i haven't been advocating free shit at all. stay the fuck out of this will ya? 

No , you’ve just been advocating for everyone else to pay for “ free shit”  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Snake said:

Most of the old HCS regulars were around in 2008 or prior. You mean to tell me, that in 10-12 years on these boards, you have never met anyone? I've met most locals, and a good charge of midwesterners throughout the years.

Not wanting to meet up with anyone is just weird.

Why is it weird and more than that it has zero to do with the discussion although as evidenced by recent events Mark requires that people agree with him especially when the lease is in his name....kicking a friend out of a rental over politics....now that’s weird to me.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why is it weird and more than that it has zero to do with the discussion although as evidenced by recent events Mark requires that people agree with him especially when the lease is in his name....kicking a friend out of a rental over politics....now that’s weird to me.

I rarely talk politics with friends, however most of mine think the same way as me.  Its pretty funny seeing them switch sides when going from a private sector to public sector career though.:lol: 

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I rarely talk politics with friends, however most of mine think the same way as me.  Its pretty funny seeing them switch sides when going from a private sector to public sector career though.:lol: 

As I’ve passed 50 I realize that arguing politics with friends and family isn’t really the best thing to do for a lot of reasons...I just get it out of my system here. 😂

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

OK racer, are you ready for your "taxes 101" lesson? the first part of this example you may have difficulty with is the taxes. are those equations for both years correct? 

Here you go, find out where you are incorrect.

https://www.taxact.com/tools/tax-bracket-calculator

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As I’ve passed 50 I realize that arguing politics with friends and family isn’t really the best thing to do for a lot of reasons...I just get it out of my system here. 😂

I really dont look forward to holidays anymore. Or any family get together. Sooner or later someone is going to throw out a "Well if Trump gets his way" or "Snowflake liberals want to make this illegal" ... Ugh... 

On 4/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, Snoslinger said:

The only people that are making out better are those in low tax states and don’t have much mortgage interest or other deductions 

I have no children deductions, no mortgage deduction, zip. Might as well say we had the SD and that was it. My tax rate went down.

Maine – if taxable income is more than $103,400 or more, the tax rate is $6,565 plus 7.15% of excess over $103,400.

New York - 6.57 percent on taxable income between $80,651 and $215,400.

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Lets start with this.  How are you paying 10K or greater in state income taxes in New York making 160k?

Oh trust me, it's quite possible in NYS..

My father's property and school taxes were double in NYS on a $154k house in a normal neighborhood than his 750k house in Goodyear, AZ in a private gated community and the house in AZ is on a country clubs golf course..

NYS fucks us hard. I pay a bit over 6k in taxes on a 85k small 3 bedroom ranch on an acre.

The good thing is the houses in CNY are pretty cheap to buy. I've seen pics of slingers place it's a 180k-200k house around here (just a guess from what I have seen) but he probably has 1k a month in taxes...Just stupid property and school taxes here

Reality is if you have extremely high amount of deductions as comparison to your income you have a chance at seeing a tax increase.

In other words if you purchased too much of a home in too expensive of an area you could see an increase.   Nice learning lesson.  :lol:  

Just now, Highmark said:

Reality is if you have extremely high amount of deductions as comparison to your income you have a chance at seeing a tax increase.

In other words if you purchased too much of a home in too expensive of an area you could see an increase.   Nice learning lesson.  :lol:  

NO! IT'S ALL TRUMP'S FAULT!!!!!!