2018 tax fucking

Just now, Snoslinger said:

a canadian, who doesn't know shit about US tax returns, chiming in like he does :lol:

too fucking funny

im just watching a hilary/bernie cocksucker complain about paying "more tax" yet wouldn't bitch if he was paying thousands more for crack head johnny to live the sweet life. 

Dont worry there are people like you in Canada. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

good lord. why i keep trying with you i have no idea. let's use your 160K, and my examples, and assume the income was the same for 2017 and 2018, and married filing jointly.

2017 tax base = 160K - 43K = 117K

taxes =  (tax base * .28) - 13,115

taxes due on 117K, in 2017 = $19645

2018 tax base = 160K -25K = 135K

taxes = (tax base * .24) - 11,421

tax due on 135K, in 2018 = $20,979 

right there is an increase in taxes of over $1000.

My calc's were with taxable income after deductions at $160K.   Like I said the lower the income the worse it will hit with those deductions.

Because you pay in more federal will you save a bit on state?   

Just now, snopro31 said:

im just watching a hilary/bernie cocksucker complain about paying "more tax" yet wouldn't bitch if he was paying thousands more for crack head johnny to live the sweet life. 

Dont worry there are people like you in Canada. 

go back to sucking off sludgey, dumb as dirt, and nutcrusher and stay out of our tax threads. you're clearly lost.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

My calc's were with taxable income after deductions at $160K.   Like I said the lower the income the worse it will hit with those deductions.

Because you pay in more federal will you save a bit on state?   

i usually get very little back with state, but have to pay in very little this year. everything in the return appeared to be the same this year as last, so i'm assuming i have to pay in because of the drop in payroll deductions last year. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i usually get very little back with state, but have to pay in very little this year. everything in the return appeared to be the same this year as last, so i'm assuming i have to pay in because of the drop in payroll deductions last year. 

As far as your example goes.   $25K in interest and property taxes is a pretty big hit on that type of income.  

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

15k in mortgage interest is not middle class. Not by a long shot

I would argue that $10K property tax isn't as well for a structure not earning income (a home). 

$160K is like top 5% or very close.   

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

15k in mortgage interest is not middle class. Not by a long shot

Wrong.  Average buyer around here is paying between $300-400k for a house,  with 5% down that $285k mortgage has $1000/mo in interest at $380 it is $1300  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I would argue that $10K property tax isn't as well for a structure not earning income (a home).  

That's a half million dollar home in a state with outrageous property taxes.

Ridiculous.....

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Wrong.  Average buyer around here is paying between $300-400k for a house,  with 5% down that $285k mortgage has $1000/mo in interest at $380 it is $1300  

Not middle class

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

maybe where you live,  10k here is a 350-600k property depending on the town,  NY is even higher than NH with taxes.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

maybe where you live,  10k here is a 350-600k property depending on the town,  NY is even higher than NH with taxes.  

Not middle class

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Well I would argue there is a big difference in a $300K and $400K house.   33% more in fact.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:   I don't pay near that on a very nice home, large building, cabin and 230 acres.  

Again that is a huge spread from $350-$600.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

not middle class, SMH 2 kids with first or second jobs out of college are my 300k buyers or they have to drive 40 miles or live in a handful of shit towns closer.  

Those are retards.....not middle class folks

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:   I don't pay near that on a very nice home, large building, cabin and 230 acres.  

If a 600k mortgage is middle class then I am bottom of the barrel dirt ass broke as a joke POOR 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If a 600k mortgage is middle class then I am bottom of the barrel dirt ass broke as a joke POOR 

You?  Hell at that rate, i'm already dead and just didn't know enough to fall over yet.:lol:

The east coast is full of nut jobs with too much coin.

Edited by hayward

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You live in a cheap area.  Those numbers are not outrageous in any large metro employment area on either coast.  Fuck i was in OH last week with my daughter and could buy her a house to live in in college for not much more than i paid for a foreclosed condo 28 years ago here. GIrl who gave us the tour was in a 4 bedroom fully renovated house for $1200/mo,  my son for something similar here where he goes to school would be $3k/mo 

huge spread in tax rates,  my town is roughly 2% of assessed value or 1.75% of real value,  other towns can approach 3% lowest around 1.2.  I own a 10 acre lot in another town that if i put my house on it would be taxed at over 15k vs the under 10 i pay 20 minutes away.  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Those are retards.....not middle class folks

fucking mobile home thats 20 years old on it's own lands going to run you 200K+ around here. 

the mid-westerners are clueless about north east incomes, homes, etc. yes i could choose to live in a smaller home, with less property, in a different state, in boringsville, etc . but i chose where i am and i like it. if i lived somewhere cheaper, my salary would likely drop too.