2018 tax fucking

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I am going to try and explain this One more time, primarily for racer. Why I dunno, maybe out of pity? Just using examples here as o don’t want to disclose personal stuff...

2017 itemized total  = $35000

state income tax = 10000

real estate taxes = 10000

mortgage interest = 15000

2018 itemized total = 25000

state income and real estate cap = 10000

mortgage interest = 15000

See the difference yet racer, you dumb fuck? Get the hell out of this tax thread. You’ve proven once again you dunno shot about them. 

You apparently have issues every year.    Maybe you should just list the total percentage of taxes you pay.    I thought you gave a lot to charity?  LOL.

Just now, racer254 said:

You apparently have issues every year.    Maybe you should just list the total percentage of taxes you pay.    I thought you gave a lot to charity?  LOL.

Wtf are you talking about? I never had any issues. Why don’t you try deflecting a little more? :lol:I’d love to see the taxes you supposedly do. They’re either 1040ez, majorily fucked up, or you drop them off somewhere and don’t know shit about them. 

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I am going to try and explain this One more time, primarily for racer. Why I dunno, maybe out of pity? Just using examples here as o don’t want to disclose personal stuff...

2017 itemized total  = $35000

state income tax = 10000

real estate taxes = 10000

mortgage interest = 15000

2018 itemized total = 25000

state income and real estate cap = 10000

mortgage interest = 15000

See the difference yet racer, you dumb fuck? Get the hell out of this tax thread. You’ve proven once again you dunno shot about them. 

The problem is your numbers kind of bump you up out of middle class (even the examples).

For example:

State income tax of $10,000 @ 3% yields what as gross income?  $333,333.

Real estate tax, $10,000 @ 2.5% yields what property value?  $400,000.

Neal

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I live in CT and our dear governor has a solution.....more taxes. This time around since they already have a high sales tax and income tax and ridiculous property taxes they will be forced to look elsewhere. Answer is putting tolls back on almost every major road in the state. God forbid they try and spend less money.

Don't forget the carbon tax. 

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

The problem is your numbers kind of bump you up out of middle class (even the examples).

For example:

State income tax of $10,000 @ 3% yields what as gross income?  $333,333.

Real estate tax, $10,000 @ 2.5% yields what property value?  $400,000.

Neal

Your numbers are not accurate, especially the state income taxes

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

i saw our own CT Secretary of State, the #2 position right after the governor, loading up a full carriage of booze into her Lexus, at the Yankee Spirits shop in Sturbridge MA a few years ago.  Kicking myself that I didn’t snap a few pics, that would have been newsworthy.  CT liquor taxes make our booze much more expensive than neighboring states 

They have gone as far as to send ct state cops into West Springfield around christmas time to observe and then trail ct scoff laws back and pull them over. Freakin pathetic. 

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

For starters I live in NY. I assure you I have much more than 3% of my pay going to state income taxes. Speaking of which, I am doing those next. I’ll likely be getting fucked there too, with the new caps on the fed limits. 

So now that the laundry is done, I am paying 2% more in federal taxes than I did last year. 

Then there’s the part about the automatic switching to less withholding, which adds even more to me paying in. I went from a decent refund, to a pay in, close to the same amount.

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

For starters I live in NY. I assure you I have much more than 3% of my pay going to state income taxes. Speaking of which, I am doing those next. I’ll likely be getting fucked there too, with the new caps on the fed limits. 

:bc:

Sounds like New York is an over taxed state.

Neal

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

In addition to that screwing, We cannot take the personal exemptions any longer. That added up to about $8000 for a couple. Do any of you even realize that? Even know what it is? It’s not just me who lost it, everyone did 

Ya made over $160,000 Your a 5%er. Just pay your taxes. 

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

What is the max income before you are no longer considered middle class?

Pew defines the middle class as those earning between two-thirds and double the median household income.This means that the category of middle-income is made up of people making somewhere between $40,500 and $122,000. Those making less than $39,500 make up the lower-incomebracket.

If you’re paying 15-20k in property taxes a year you are not middle class IMO. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Pew defines the middle class as those earning between two-thirds and double the median household income.This means that the category of middle-income is made up of people making somewhere between $40,500 and $122,000. Those making less than $39,500 make up the lower-incomebracket.

If you’re paying 15-20k in property taxes a year you are not middle class IMO. 

That may depend on the state. So does what defines middle class.

$185,000 in NYC , Boston san fran is just getting by. That's living large in Alafuckingbama.