2018 tax fucking

20 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Lol. Another tax illiterate. Have I griped about people in cheap states and low mortgages getting a “free” $24k deduction? Why should they get a freebie, if you want to play this game? 

The same deduction for everyone in the same bracket just means 1 taxes are lower and 2 no one gets special treatment. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

The same deduction for everyone in the same bracket just means 1 taxes are lower and 2 no one gets special treatment. 

Taxes should be tied to the budget and balanced. Then maybe Americans would be more vested in how they are getting ripped off. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

Taxes should be tied to the budget and balanced. Then maybe Americans would be more vested in how they are getting ripped off. 

I agree and I would add the tax code should no longer be a tool of social engineering. Like any other service an itemized bill should be attached.

Hey Carlos, does a guy who has $23,900 in itemized deductions, but takes the $24000 standard, have an advantage or disadvantage to a guy who has $5000 in itemized deductions but takes the $24000 standard? 

Edited by Snoslinger

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Lol, but some do get special treatment in your scenario

So if I own a home in Tennessee that is 2500 square ft and pay $2500 in property taxes I should let you in New York write off an additional $7500 in property taxes for the same house why exactly?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

You mean how like people should balance their expenditures with their incomes?

Weird.  Nawww...fuck that noize!

Related image

• Thanks 1

So if I own a home in Tennessee that is 2500 square ft and pay $2500 in property taxes I should let you in New York write off an additional $7500 in property taxes for the same house why exactly?

And the guy who lives in Arkansas and pays $500, should let you in Tennessee write off an additional $2000?? Where’s does this stop? 

This is how Crazy Trump has made some of you....he now has Slinger complaining about taxes.😂

His admin changed them. Duh. Personally o think you’re another one clueless about taxes 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Hey Carlos, does a guy who has $23,900 in itemized deductions, but takes the $24000 standard, have an advantage or disadvantage to a guy who has $5000 in itemized deductions but takes the $24000 standard? 

Carlos?

56 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Write off? Not sure what you mean. I’m referring to people that put in OT seeing they had more taxes withheld in their paycheck, sometimes a lot. But at the end of the year, that comes out in the wash

Well no shit. Even a 16 year old knows that after their first few pay checks.

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Mortgage interest for one thing , pretty sure property tax  also in some cases but I could be mistaken on the latter

The state/property tax combo was understandable. :bc:

So if he was over $24k in deductions with state income local and property tax (which he said was $10k by itself) that would suggest that the other $14k+ of deduction comes from income.  I believe Pennsylvania has a 3% income rate cap, correct?  If so that would suggest an income of $425,000+/- and a property value of $375,000.

Seems beyond middle class to me and the rich are paying more, just as Democrats seem to promote.  I'm ok with that.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

If ya really want to have a more fair tax system, eliminate deductions all together.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

And implement a flat tax.

Right?

This tax debate has been going on  forever....it's akin to peace in the Middle East and Immigration. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

And the guy who lives in Arkansas and pays $500, should let you in Tennessee write off an additional $2000?? Where’s does this stop? 

You have fallen into the trap that we need deductions I would argue that they are unfair by their very creation. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

No they do not. I’m not even sure you understand it completely yet. :lol:

Mine did,because I taught them about money and how to do their deductions.  Are you special needs or something?