2018 tax fucking

As expected, I’m getting dry fucked. The standard deduction is well short of the deductions I had prior. Thanks to the state and local tax cap, and elimination of personal exemptions. The end result is instead of getting several grand back, I’m paying several grand in. 

I’m sure there are many others in expensive states getting fucked as well.

I’m also sure some in here are getting fucked and either don’t know it, or not admitting it

• Haha 1

Just now, Snoslinger said:

As expected, I’m getting dry fucked. The standard deduction is well short of the deductions I had prior. Thanks to the state and local tax cap, and elimination of personal exemptions. The end result is instead of getting several grand back, I’m paying several grand in. 

I’m also sure some in here are getting fucked and either don’t know it, or not admitting it

You paid in less through the year. You cant just look at your refund amount dipshit 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

There was a calculator put out when the new law went into effect. I figured mine out then, and it was right on. Maybe you should have too.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You paid in less through the year. You cant just look at your refund amount dipshit 

I haven't asked my accountant to tell me how much more I saved this year vs a previous year with the new tax cuts. Because that is just stupid. But I understand what slinger is bitching about. Because of my income I have lost alot of the deductions I previously had. And the "I paid less over the year" argument doesn't work for me either because I overpaid all year so I wouldn't get hit with the penalties for underpaying. It's just dumb the way we do this. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

There was a calculator put out when the new law went into effect. I figured mine out then, and it was right on. Maybe you should have too.

That was a general tax calculator and didn’t get into all the details. I knew I’d be taking a hit, I’ve been saying it all along. I didn’t expect it to be this big of one 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I haven't asked my accountant to tell me how much more I saved this year vs a previous year with the new tax cuts. Because that is just stupid. But I understand what slinger is bitching about. Because of my income I have lost alot of the deductions I previously had. And the "I paid less over the year" argument doesn't work for me either because I overpaid all year so I wouldn't get hit with the penalties for underpaying. It's just dumb the way we do this. 

It would be best if they could simplify the whole thing but there is too many special interests jamming up the gears for that to happen. 

Edited by Edmo

Just now, Edmo said:

It would be best if they could simplify the whole thing buts there is too many special interests jamming up the gears for that to happen. 

It's just dumb, it doesn't need to be this way. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

X2  :lol:

Glad you like the middle class paying more taxes. Trump lied again. I suspect you didn’t make out any better either, and fall in the “too dumb to realize “ department. Do you do your own taxes? Know how to? 

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

The only people that are making out better are those in low tax states and don’t have much mortgage interest or other deductions 

There’s a lot of people around me paying more than 10k a year in real estate taxes. That’s where most are getting the big surprise I bet. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Glad you like the middle class paying more taxes. Trump lied again. I suspect you didn’t make out any better either, and fal in the “top dumb to realize “ department. Do you do your own taxes? Know how to? 

PAY UP , sucker !!!  :lol:   I paid in less and got more back. :lol: :lol:  

Just now, Edmo said:

There’s a lot of people around me paying more than 10k a year in real estate taxes. That’s where most are getting the big surprise I bet. 

The state income taxes , combined with the property taxes, is capped at $10,000. That is well, well short for me. Then there’s the elimination of the personal exemptions, which was also a nice chunk off. 

Just now, Edmo said:

This. I have friends paying 10 to 15 k a year and bitch about how they get fucked when they work overtime. But they have to work overtime to cover the juice on their baller house. It’s a viscous circle people put themselves in.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This. I have friends paying 10 to 15 k a year and bitch about how they get fucked when they work overtime. But they have to work overtime to cover the juice on their baller house. It’s a viscous circle people put themselves in.

They’re not really getting fucked in OT. Another myth by people who don’t have a clue. It all comes out in the wash, unless that extra income threw them into a higher tax bracket. Even then it doesn’t add up the the % withheld.