Ocasio-Cortez Appears On 'The Price Is Right,' Guesses Everything Is Free

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not surprised he thinks that considering the story of his hardscrabble upbringing....

Now this guy is self made....both parents were HS Dropouts and he lived in a Brooklyn housing project.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Schultz

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Right.  I think.  What the fuck are you talking about?  Did Gates pull up Schultz with his bootstraps?

Jimmy.

Even though I never used the word "like" and simply pointed out Schultz's upbringing. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Isn't it odd you can't have difference of opinion from someone else in here and have it be accepted, even on something as simple as the definition of a word or phrase..  Very strange..:true:

Meh.  We love this place.   :lmao:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Even though I never used the word "like" and simply pointed out Schultz's upbringing. 

Doesn’t matter.  I’ve got a fairly good bead on you, sweetie.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Isn't it odd you can't have difference of opinion from someone else in here and have it be accepted, even on something as simple as the definition of a word or phrase..  Very strange..:true:

What's strange is thinking that a bank loan is the same as being given millions by a family member.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Pffftt...if Trump was a D or better yet his name was Kennedy or Kerry you would be calling him a silver spoon pos as would most here. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Ehhh, it's getting kinda lame

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

What's strange is thinking that a bank loan is the same as being given millions by a family member.

That’s not the same but, it’s still help and it’s not done by ones “self”.  All depends on how you want to view it.  I don’t know the whole story but if I remember the rumor, Bill Gates let Schultz buy Starbucks and backed him to do so.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep Jim your right

Just now, Zambroski said:

No.

That’s not the same but, it’s still help and it’s not done by ones “self”.  All depends on how you want to view it.  I don’t know the whole story but if I remember the rumor, Bill Gates let Schultz buy Starbucks and backed him to do so.

Doesn't matter to me...I voted for Trump and I like Schultz but there are differences in their upbringing and backgrounds.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Yep Jim your right

It's not about being right but given the choice which one would make starting a business less stressful and easier? 

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ehhh, it's getting kinda lame

Eh...it’s getting a bit repetitive.  I can only regurgitate the same shit so many times before I start to get bored. That’s why I’m not on HCS as much anymore. Well, that and their platform sucks.

Think I’m gonna pick a fight with Benny.  :lol:

Eh...it’s getting a bit repetitive.  I can only regurgitate the same shit so many times before I start to get bored. That’s why I’m not on HCS as much anymore. Well, that and their platform sucks.

Think I’m gonna pick a fight with Benny.  :lol:

:bc:

Only decent threads are the food, sled, and car ones.. Other than that the "you must agree with me" is fucking lame over time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Doesn't matter to me...I voted for Trump and I like Schultz but there are differences in their upbringing and backgrounds.

I agree and personally, from what I’ve see, I like Schultz better as a person.  But, both deserve some serious fucking credit for what they’ve done.  Both have had help to get there, just in different ways.

For example, Trump is the head of a private company.  Every growth challenge he had came at the risk of much of his wealth and his name. Starbucks went public in the 90’s???  And that brings leverage and more heads to decide where and how the company grows to avoid risk. Schultz name meant little after that as far as risk goes.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's not about being right but given the choice which one would make starting a business less stressful and easier? 

Well, I think both risked every penny they had to make themselves.  Trump did it many, many times though if I’m not mistaken.  Balls of steel.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pffftt...if Trump was a D or better yet his name was Kennedy or Kerry you would be calling him a silver spoon pos as would most here. 

He was a D and liberals loved him until he beat Shrillery, not that reality means anything to a sandy vag asshole like you. 

4307E4C4-98B5-4830-8DDF-12FB65ED68CC.thumb.jpeg.f3a001dd03e21bddd695c054a2efa83d.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

how many times did his daddy or mommy have to step in to bail his ass out of trouble when he lost everything

Don't know don't care, if you back read I'm not claiming either are self made..

My definition of self made apparently is quite different from everyone else's..

32 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Don't know don't care, if you back read I'm not claiming either are self made..

My definition of self made apparently is quite different from everyone else's..

True wealth gets created using other people's money.  Whether that happens by a family loan, private investment, banks etc.  I still call it self made if the entrepreneur's ideas is what drove the wealth.  You can give a idiot an inheritance and it will still be worth less and less as time progresses.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

True wealth gets created using other people's money.  Whether that happens by a family loan, private investment, banks etc.  I still call it self made if the entrepreneur's ideas is what drove the wealth.  You can give a idiot an inheritance and it will still be worth less and less as time progresses.

like trump until daddy bailed him out of losing everything.  left to his own devices he'd have nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

like trump until daddy bailed him out of losing everything.  left to his own devices he'd have nothing.  

Keep telling yourself that, but most would not have anywhere near the same outcome following the same path.

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Keep telling yourself that, but most would not have anywhere near the same outcome following the same path.

daddys money,  no penalties for failure,  political connections daddy brought.  plenty could have been successful with that.  Hell invest it in the market and it would be worth more than the real portion of trumps value,  blue sky keeps dropping everytime he speaks

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

daddys money,  no penalties for failure,  political connections daddy brought.  plenty could have been successful with that.  Hell invest it in the market and it would be worth more than the real portion of trumps value,  blue sky keeps dropping everytime he speaks

You're just fooling yourself.

Hey my parents paid for my education, someone else's didn't.  If only they had the same, it would have been different and they would have accomplished the same as me.

When does the lift blame/excuse end?