U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low as Market Tightens

Filings for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly dropped, falling to the lowest level since October 1969 and suggesting little sign of cooling in a tight labor market.

Jobless claims decreased to 196,000 in the week ended April 6, Labor Department figures showed Thursday. The level fell below all estimates in Bloomberg’s survey of economists, which had called for an increase. The four-week average, a less-volatile measure, declined to 207,000, the lowest since December 1969.

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/fixed-income

Doesn’t look like the dems are going to get the recession they so desperately want right now. It’s coming, but not this year.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Filings for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly dropped, falling to the lowest level since October 1969 and suggesting little sign of cooling in a tight labor market.

Jobless claims decreased to 196,000 in the week ended April 6, Labor Department figures showed Thursday. The level fell below all estimates in Bloomberg’s survey of economists, which had called for an increase. The four-week average, a less-volatile measure, declined to 207,000, the lowest since December 1969.

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/fixed-income

Only thing that matters is the "Labor  Participation Rate"  as per your former position on this matter.

37 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Doesn’t look like the dems are going to get the recession they so desperately want right now. It’s coming, but not this year.

Tell me what is so much better with trump. Around here everyone is on the same path they have been. 3 to 5% pay raises, same bonuses (some even less), a little savings  in taxes for some. Home valued are about the same, the market is about the same, trucks are super expensive, cars about the same. So please, what’s happened in your neck of the woods to make things so grand. And spare the “well the wife got a bonus for the first time ever “ line of crap

Edited by Snoslinger

37 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Unemployment has bottomed. It can only go up from here. If there are major spending cuts you will see your recession. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Tell me what is so much better with trump. Around here everyone is on the same path they have been. 3 to 5% pay raises, same bonuses (some even less), a little savings  in taxes for some. How valued are about the same, the market is about the same, trucks are super expensive, cars about the same. So please, what’s happened on your neck of the woods to make things so grand. And spare the “well the wife got a bonus for the first time ever “ line of crap

We are swimming in work. There are more projects on the street than there are contractors to do them. That's what massive spending has brought us. Record profits too. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are swimming in work. There are more projects on the street than there are contractors to do them. That's what massive spending has brought us. Record profits too. 

I’m referring to the average workers, not business owners. Besides, you were busy prior to trump. 

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Tell me what is so much better with trump. Around here everyone is on the same path they have been. 3 to 5% pay raises, same bonuses (some even less), a little savings  in taxes for some. Home valued are about the same, the market is about the same, trucks are super expensive, cars about the same. So please, what’s happened in your neck of the woods to make things so grand. And spare the “well the wife got a bonus for the first time ever “ line of crap

Doesn't sound so bad - besides vehicle cost. Who's fault is that?? 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

I’m referring to the average workers, not business owners. Besides, you were busy prior to trump. 

Lots of work means lots of overtime. My employees are making bank. 

Our 2018 sales were up 40% from 2017. 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

What are you expecting?  

You need to step up to the plate.  The most valuable risk in life I have ever had to take is the one with no risk at all.

I seriously doubt you could ever understand it.

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

You don't pay people to stand still though.

We are swimming in work like there is no end.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You don't pay people to stand still though.

We are swimming in work like there is no end.

There is no time for standing still. 

You were both busy prior to trump, and are both business owners. I’m wanting to hear from the average workers. Fact of the matter is nothing much has changed. Many people are still living paycheck to paycheck, unable to save anything, making crap wages. So the middle class is not in any better shape. Despite all the hoopla from trump and trumpsters. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Anler said:

Massive spending...When does the deficit topple the whole house of cards? 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We’re fucked. The thing is you don’t here anyone talking about spending cuts. And that’s what we need. All we hear about is more programs and more spending. Both sides are the same in this respect.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Idk. I can't worry about that. Just grab as much for me while I can. When it blows up I'll take my pile of money and move to a better country.  :bc:

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

You were both busy prior to trump, and are both business owners. I’m wanting to hear from the average workers. Fact of the matter is nothing much has changed. Many people are still living paycheck to paycheck, unable to save anything, making crap wages. So the middle class is not in any better shape. Despite all the hoopla from trump and trumpsters. 

I don’t consider my family “average workers”. We’re probably top 5% in income. But I live in a middle class neighborhood, and all I hear daily is how busy everyone is. Try to get some work done or contractors to your house. I’m on the 4th guy I’ve talked to, and about 6 months in to do some remodel work. And he’s the first one to actually show up. Now if I could actually get him to show up and do the work I’ll be really surprised. He’s booking jobs at 3 to 4 months out.

41 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

You just  told me in the other thread that these low unemployment numbers are bullshit. 

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Let me ask you a question....we are at a point in this country where the unemployment rate is basically zero. Now imagine there was a way to snap your fingers and remove all of these people that are supposedly causing a national emergency....tell me A) who is going to do these jobs and where are they going to come from and B) what will it do to food prices.

14 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Bullshit. The numbers don't show all the people that unemployment benefits have expired. Way too many people leeching still off welfare or disability. Get those able ones working to start. 

Then instead of having a free for all coming across the border... & then using our emergency rooms for free med care - which falls back on us. Have a competent agency vet ones in that are decent & want to work.

Those animals in the vid are bad news. They shouldn't be allowed in. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You just  told me in the other thread that these low unemployment numbers are bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

You stuck on stupid? Whole different topic. 

Seems like you're the one stuck on stupid.

44 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

The emphasis is on the change, not how good or bad it is. IMO, the middle class is not much better off now than they have been. The trumpsters get all excited over little shit, like the wages rising .1% !!! Well Woo hoo!!!