STANLEY CUP

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

On a bit longer version of that vid you can actually see one of the media interviewer guys stand up and smell his armpits. :lol:I kid you not. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Go leafs! Great game

I just got back from an Oshawa Generals game so I missed every bit of the Leafs game. Happy to see the outcome but I am curious how they looked? Was Boston not playing very well or did the Leafs up their level? 

13 minutes ago, irv said:

I just got back from an Oshawa Generals game so I missed every bit of the Leafs game. Happy to see the outcome but I am curious how they looked? Was Boston not playing very well or did the Leafs up their level? 

Boston wasn't top form imo but the leafs played fairly well top to bottom 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Boston wasn't top form imo but the leafs played fairly well top to bottom 

Good to hear. I honestly didn't think Toronto would win a game against Boston but I was hoping to be proved wrong. It would be nice to see the Leafs get by them and into the next round but I just don't see that happening. Hopefully I am wrong again.

8 hours ago, irv said:

Good to hear. I honestly didn't think Toronto would win a game against Boston but I was hoping to be proved wrong. It would be nice to see the Leafs get by them and into the next round but I just don't see that happening. Hopefully I am wrong again.

No  doubt the leafs have a mountain to climb. If they play well as they did all series I can see it happening.  I'd love to see them move on.  

On 4/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, Kev144 said:

Lightning lost wow

Down 2 games now! Who would have thunk it, especially against Columbus. Glad to see Duchene is playing well. TB is going to be in tough now. Kooch was definitely frustrated but this made matters worse. https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kucherov-suspended-one-game-boarding-blue-jackets-nutivaara/

I like how the Islanders are playing as well. I've always liked Eberle so I am glad to see him finally getting some points and recognition. Not sure what happened to him but he fell off the radar for a few years, unfortunately. Hopefully he can keep it up. The kid has some serious skill. :bc: (Do these goals look familiar? Only 9 yr apart)

https://www.nhl.com/video/eberles-nifty-go-ahead-goal/t-277350912/c-67692003

18 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Eberle is on fire!

Yes he is. Hopefully it continues. :bc:

An expected outcome with the Leafs/Bruins game last night. Toronto just doesn't have the size/toughness to compete when a team plays like that. Stupid Kadri, letting emotion get the better of him. I thought the Leafs were starting to gain some traction and actually putting a bit of pressure on the Bruins. There was enough time in the game to tie/win but that was blown with Kadri's stupid crosscheck to the face. I'm thinking at least 3 games which will definitely hurt the Leafs now. 

Bruins were off on Wednesday, they looked better Saturday. Tough game.

Toronto is a very good team. I picked them at the beginning of the season, now however I think Bruins have a better chance.

Tampa is great but now they're down 2 games, we'll see later today.

Exciting games for sure!

28 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Penguins are fucking sad!

With barely making the playoffs, I am wondering how many have their hearts in it? I'm sure the newer guys do but I can't help but think some of the vets who have already won a cup or 2, don't? 

The Islanders, however, are not a slouch team. There is a lot of talent on that team and they have some serious depth, imo, so one shouldn't be so shocked they are winning the series against the Penguins. Neither team has won anything yet, however, so it's not over until it's over.

7 minutes ago, hockeyrevman said:

Bruins were off on Wednesday, they looked better Saturday. Tough game.

Toronto is a very good team. I picked them at the beginning of the season, now however I think Bruins have a better chance.

Tampa is great but now they're down 2 games, we'll see later today.

Exciting games for sure!

I still laugh when I think of those commentators and others talking about the Cup when they acquired John Tavares. He is extremely good as is Marner, Freddie, etc, but that does not make them Cup contenders, imo. Last night was proof why I laughed as their weaknesses were on full display. The lack toughness/size and are very weak defensively. Defense wins Stanley Cups, not centers and wingers.

Tampa Bay is simply getting out played and out muscled. Torts has everyone on board and they believe in themselves. TB is in tough now coming back from this one but I don't think they have it in them? We'll see.