Weekend thread!!!!!11

• Gold Member

Long ass week of navigation math and stability math. Taking tonight to get drunk and then back at it again tomorrow. 10am study group, manuvering boards and....you guessed it... math review. The next 5 weeks are going to drag on and on!  :flush:

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sounds like fun :bc:

Yeah, we always have fun in Nashville & PCB .  Son is turning 21 tomorrow,  so we are going to break him in on the strip.  Last year he couldn’t drink in the bars.  Should be some good father son bonding. 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, we always have fun in Nashville & PCB .  Son is turning 21 tomorrow,  so we are going to break him in on the strip.  Last year he couldn’t drink in the bars.  Should be some good father son bonding. 😁

Have a great weekend with your son :bc:

Dinner with my son and one of my best buds at Tap and Barrel restaurant. French Onion soup, Monte Cristo sandwich with seasoned fries. And 2 baked apples on draft.   1/2 Angry Orchard 1/2 Guinness. Good stuff :bc:

Best part of our dinner tho was Belinda.  Mmmmmmmmmm I wish I could have had some Belinda for dessert ......  Smoking hot blonde (fake blonde) but she was absolutely beautiful.  And Mmmmmmmmmm, that ass. Sorry, no pics 😒

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

That sounds... interesting...

Taste like baked apple pie. They do the same with Blue Moon too, but I don't like that one. 

Another one that my BIL said is good is Guinness and McKenzie's Black Cherry. I'll have the try that next time I'm there. I already had 2 before he told me about that, and I didn't want a 3rd :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Maybe I'm just out of the circuit, but at what point did people start coming up with these concoctions? When I was a youngster, we had black and tans and carbombs. Now every bartender is selling all sorts of combinations. :dunno:

It's the craft beer craze. Michigan is the largest craft beer state in the country.  And the bars around here with all kinds of different craft beers in tap are popping up all over the place. There's a place about 10 minutes from me that you can see what they have on tap, and how much of each, online. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Maybe I'm just out of the circuit, but at what point did people start coming up with these concoctions? When I was a youngster, we had black and tans and carbombs. Now every bartender is selling all sorts of combinations. :dunno:

I don't see them really on the menus at home much but I was at bar last night in Cleveland where half a page was concoctions. the cider and Guinness intrigues me I might try it

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't see them really on the menus at home much but I was at bar last night in Cleveland where half a page was concoctions. the cider and Guinness intrigues me I might try it

That does sound good...Guinness is good in just about any form. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

It's really good.  Some places call it Baked Apples , or Apple Pie.  But it's commonly known as Snake Bite. Snake Bite is also Champagne and Guinness. 

1260639898_3143542918_8ffa128900_z.jpg_zz1_cf.jpg.55e17965708421a2dd44c53a3213e8e9.jpg

If you can't find it on draft , you can make your own.  Just get a 6 of Guinness and a 6 of Angry Orchard or Strongbow hard cider and pour it yourself. Pour the hard cider first then the Guinness. If you want it to look like the picture abouve use the spoon pour method. Snakebite-Guinness-and-Pear-Cider-100.jpg_cf.jpg.bfbe682d517cc54650eb7fd5ed552a24.jpg

The use that method to pour it at the bars for presentation, but then you stir it up. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That does sound good...Guinness is good in just about any form. 

I like Yuengling stout better than Guinness. A Yuengling Black and Tan blows Guinness and Bass out of the water.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

They're opening one in town here and its right at the boat lock. With all the boaters,tourists,cottagers etc it should do pretty good. I think I'm going to have to sample a few

Best way to do it is if they offer samplers, do it that way. Some places off 3-5% samples. Gives you a chance to try multiple beers and also if you don't like a beer, you didn't waste a whole beer.  If they don't off smaplers, have the sever or bartender give you a small sample in a shot glass to see if you like it before you order a full beer.  Has saved me a lot of $ on wasted beer that I didn't many times before. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Hurricanes are in!

Canadiens are out!

Great fucking weekend it is!!:thumbsup:

Yup, and Toronto will be toast shortly after 5 games as well. Babblecock will be doing some sputtering in his post game interviews, which are going to be tough to do. Great to see Montreal out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, and Toronto will be toast shortly after 5 games as well. Babblecock will be doing some sputtering in his post game interviews, which are going to be tough to do. Great to see Montreal out.

Get rid of his style of play and Dumas has no clue on putting a team together