2019 Real World Sled of the Year!

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

I guaranfuckingtee I have a pile of more miles on then you will ever have. What do you have 10 years on me and you didn't ride for 10 years or more. 

Prove it and take a pic of your odometer. I bet you did 1200 miles this year. Be lucky to have 2500 on a 2 year old seld. 

:snack:

:owned:

9 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I guaranfuckingtee I have a pile of more miles on then you will ever have. What do you have 10 years on me and you didn't ride for 10 years or more. 

Prove it and take a pic of your odometer. I bet you did 1200 miles this year. Be lucky to have 2500 on a 2 year old seld. 

:snack:

Started riding in '85 when I was 12 .  When were you born? 

Bold- :lol: wrong , but keep going :lmao:

Didn't get a chance to go much this year, or in '17.  Last year was almost 2,100.  I don't have a place to stay like you. If I did I would be able to go more 

What's the bet?  :snack:

12 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Started riding in '85 when I was 12 .  When were you born? 

Bold- :lol: wrong , but keep going :lmao:

Didn't get a chance to go much this year, or in '17.  Last year was almost 2,100.  I don't have a place to stay like you. If I did I would be able to go more 

What's the bet?  :snack:

87. But I didn't take 10 years off. So we might be even, but my average is 3k a year some were 5k. :snack:

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

My 900 turbo has been the worst new sled I've owned to date.  The problems I've had with it are ten fold compared to my other sleds.  I'd take trail riding my 13 nytro over the turbo

:lol: I think you lost all credibility with me with that one. I had a Nytro too. There is not a single thing mine did better than a 900T, and it’s not even remotely close. I mean come on. The 900T can run circles around a Nytro, kick it’s ass in a race, through bumps, and it doesn’t have a bunch of problems and quirks like the Nytro did.

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

87. But I didn't take 10 years off. So we might be even, but my average is 3k a year some were 5k. :snack:

:lol: You haven't been riding 3-5K for anywhere close to 32 years.  :lol:

And no I wasn't out of the sport for anywhere close to 10 years :lmao:

What's the bet on my odometer reading being over 2,500? :dunno:  Don't want to put your $ where your mouth is? :snack:

i tried a 850 polaris 2 weeks ago. i liked it. this dealer has been selling sleds since the 60's. so i asked about the oil line coming off on some. as he put it the robot put to much sealant on the case halves  that partly plugged the hole. cold weather cold oil made to much pressure. on the 800 he said it was piston to liner clearance not being in spec. when problems first started he ordered 4 cylinders and 16 pistons. then measure the liner then match the pistons . if spec is 004 to 008 then then try for 004 to 005. any pistons that would not meet this were sent back 

14 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol: You haven't been riding 3-5K for anywhere close to 32 years.  :lol:

And no I wasn't out of the sport for anywhere close to 10 years :lmao:

What's the bet on my odometer reading being over 2,500? :dunno:  Don't want to put your $ where your mouth is? :snack:

I bet I put 4k miles on the year I got my license, probably 2k the year before illegally. 

Even if its 3k that week as fuck. I might give you a bit of respect if it's 4k.

I'll bet you a free ride at my camp and I'll buy all the booze. 20 minutes over to see gaykev? 

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I bet I put 4k miles on the year I got my license, probably 2k the year before illegally. 

I'll bet you a free ride at my camp and I'll buy all the booze. 20 minutes over to see gaykev? 

More than, 3 less than 4 

First year my dad ended up in the hospital and had some medical issues and we didn't think he was going to make it.  This year my kid hurt his knee in basketball.  Season started late and ended early 

WealthyFragrantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif_cf.gif.ce98f7037faf70aac927134906571eb9.gif

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

More than, 3 less than 4 

First year my dad ended up in the hospital and had some medical issues and we didn't think he was going to make it.  This year my kid hurt his knee in basketball.  Season started late and ended early 

WealthyFragrantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif_cf.gif.ce98f7037faf70aac927134906571eb9.gif

I hope mom and dad are good Jay. That's more important than sledding. My gramps got sick last week and I had to take him to the hospital Sunday. Luckily he wasn't to bad and I could take him home with a pile of meds, been up there every day for the last week checking on him and grabbing some food and cleaning some clothes. His spirit was much better today. 

:bc:

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

3-5 is some good riding. I havnt hit 3000 in prolly 10 yrs.

I put on 7k one year when I basically lived at the cabin with my dad and was out of high school and laid off for a winter. We did like a 10 day tour one day when we left the cabin to go for a quick 3 day bagger.

29 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Don't take this bet!

I can imagine the "free ride" you're gonna get!

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I put on 7k one year when I basically lived at the cabin with my dad and was out of high school and laid off for a winter. We did like a 10 day tour one day when we left the cabin to go for a quick 3 day bagger.

Solid year.   I'd say total life I'm around 35-40,000 since I started riding in 78.  Didn't get to ride much thru HS and College because of sports.  

Most ever in a day was from Togwotee thru Teton National park thru South entrance to Old Faithful and all the way back.   1998.   Same year my dad passed.   Never forget the trips with him.   Like 350-375 total.  Got our money out of the rentals that year.    Needless to say the rental shop was not impressed when we pulled in at 2am. :lol:  Since then you have to have them back at sundown or its like $100 hr charge.    

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Solid year.   I'd say total life I'm around 35-40,000 since I started riding in 78.  Didn't get to ride much thru HS and College because of sports.  

Most ever in a day was from Togwotee thru Teton National park thru South entrance to Old Faithful and all the way back.   1998.   Same year my dad passed.   Never forget the trips with him.   Like 350-375 total.  Got our money out of the rentals that year.    Needless to say the rental shop was not impressed when we pulled in at 2am. :lol:  Since then you have to have them back at sundown or its like $100 hr charge.    

I've had sleds with 18k and 12k on them. I'd say I'm at close to 60k miles. I'm lucky to have a spot I can easily put 2k on a sled a year and take one or 2 trips for another 1-2k. I probably put 10k on the last 2 cats prior to the poo all solo. Standard a couple times. :lol:

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

i tried a 850 polaris 2 weeks ago. i liked it. this dealer has been selling sleds since the 60's. so i asked about the oil line coming off on some. as he put it the robot put to much sealant on the case halves  that partly plugged the hole. cold weather cold oil made to much pressure. on the 800 he said it was piston to liner clearance not being in spec. when problems first started he ordered 4 cylinders and 16 pistons. then measure the liner then match the pistons . if spec is 004 to 008 then then try for 004 to 005. any pistons that would not meet this were sent back 

Well that's just great :lol: