Farming accounts for 16 percent of all US pollution and many many premature deaths do to the pollution it causes

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

760's run 12 row chopping heads just fine.

780’s have more power 

lexicons are a beast though. Run circles around case and deere

10 hours ago, hayward said:

well no, not rural produced smog.

nope don't buy into it.

really? you can't see how fertilizers, weed killer, etc etc etc that is put on/in the ground can't get stirred up and become airborne? i'm not hanging my hat on the numbers, but to think these airborne chemicals have no effect on the human body is rather naive.  

27 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

really? you can't see how fertilizers, weed killer, etc etc etc that is put on/in the ground can't get stirred up and become airborne? i'm not hanging my hat on the numbers, but to think these airborne chemicals have no effect on the human body is rather naive.  

Like nitrogen fertilizer? Guess where it comes from it the first place you retard. From the air. 

Chemicals are all tested an incredible about to make sure the allowed residues have no negative health effects. 

You citiots are something else.

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

We're using less chemicals, and less detrimental chemicals than we've ever have.  The problem is you fricken idiots don't stay living where you belong which is in real polulated areas.  As more and more move out into rural areas, there becomes more and more made up problems.

4 minutes ago, hayward said:

We're using less chemicals, and less detrimental chemicals than we've ever have.  The problem is you fricken idiots don't stay living where you belong which is in real polulated areas.  As more and more move out into rural areas, there becomes more and more made up problems.

Citiots are such sheltered, frail beings 

4 hours ago, DUMPY said:

Like nitrogen fertilizer? Guess where it comes from it the first place you retard. From the air. 

Chemicals are all tested an incredible about to make sure the allowed residues have no negative health effects. 

You citiots are something else.

1 hour ago, hayward said:

it's quite obvious you two actually ate the stuff, forget the airborne matter

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

What is crop run off?

Something that's an issue but not particular to the type of pollution discussed in this thread.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Something that's an issue but not particular to the type of pollution discussed in this thread.

My crops have never ran away 

for the record, i'm not criticizing farmers or saying they're doing bad things. i'm just saying studies like these are not hard to believe, and should not be completely ignored. apparently some of you farmers are getting a little butt hurt. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

With the amount of nitrogen pumped into the ground without question its an issue.   Not all are guilty obviously but it is an issue.

I'd say virtually everything man does has an impact of some sort or another.   What I don't like about articles like this is it says nothing of the benefits of the activities.   Only models and assumptions of the bad.  Same can be said with so called green activities.   Electric cars for instance.   

After reading the article, I have to wonder how accurate the thing is.  Toward the end, it states that one of the ways to reduce the ammonia (which is what their complaining about) was to inject fertilizer rather than surface application.  I've never heard of anyone broadcasting fertilizer in a corn field.  Every planter made injects it as far a I know.  Maybe he's getting spreading cow shit confused with modern planters.

Hill says that reconsidering where corn is grown or changing fertilizer practices could mitigate the harmful consequences of corn production. Injecting nitrogen-based fertilizers into the ground, for example, leaks less ammonia into the atmosphere than surface application.