Limp dick's sporting goods lost $ 150 million dollars in 2018 after stopping firearms sales

• Platinum Contributing Member

When I was in HS I went to visit my sister in Chicago and we went to a big ass multi floor sports store called something like Morris Majors, Morry Mages...does that ring a bell with you Chicago guys? 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

When I was in HS I went to visit my sister in Chicago and we went to a big ass multi floor sports store called something like Morris Majors, Morry Mages...does that ring a bell with you Chicago guys? 

Owned 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Dicks pretty much destroyed all the other smaller chains around so while brick and mortar may not be what it once was for most they are the best option around 

Yeah,  all the local small stores are gone.  

Sporting goods,  grocery, hardware,  automotive, etc.  all under one roof now.  We have two good local gun shops . I really have no reason to drive out of my to Dicks.  I like the expertise and small town feel of the local shops. Saving a few bucks doesn’t really matter to me.  Rather shop local and support little guy. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah,  all the local small stores are gone.  

Sporting goods,  grocery, hardware,  automotive, etc.  all under one roof now.  We have two good local gun shops . I really have no reason to drive out of my to Dicks.  I like the expertise and small town feel of the local shops. Saving a few bucks doesn’t really matter to me.  Rather shop local and support little guy. 

Use to be towing yard downstate that you could get great deals on firearms , cops from multi depts. always were hanging around  in the  back " sales " room .   :whistle:

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

WalMart will fail as well.

Of course it will. Looks what happens over time to all retailers. There's almost no big retailers today that were the big dogs 30 years ago and all those big ones from then are pretty much gone like Sears lechmere Ward's etc. 

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

WalMart will fail as well.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Of course it will. Looks what happens over time to all retailers. There's almost no big retailers today that were the big dogs 30 years ago and all those big ones from then are pretty much gone like Sears lechmere Ward's etc. 

Walmart has a big presence online...they ain't going anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Walmart has a big presence online...they ain't going anywhere. 

Eventually they will but yes for now their adaptation has been pretty good. Wife thinks it's funny when she orders some stuff from Amazon it's shipped in Sam's club boxes as they too sell on Amazon 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just asked the wife. Morrie Mages. Got bought out by someone else she said. Maybe MC sports? She couldn’t remember.

14 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Just asked the wife. Morrie Mages. Got bought out by someone else she said. Maybe MC sports? She couldn’t remember.

Hey thanks...this would have been somewhere around 1982 or 83....bought a pair of red high top hoop shoes....Converse or Puma...been a few years. :lol:

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Out where I grew up it was Herters.  I guess the local store doubled as a warehouse and they had a ton of snowmobile parts in it.  Rumor is that inventory ended up in someones barn.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes morie mages I remember that place. 

14 hours ago, Edmo said:

You could be right. It was down by the rock n roll McDonald's. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes morie mages I remember that place. 

I remember that place from when I lived in Chicago..fuck long ago.

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I remember that place from when I lived in Chicago..fuck long ago.

It's been a long time. Last time I can remember going there would have been the late eighties. 

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Dicks sucks anyway. Bunch of over priced stuff ... & not enough selection to boot. 

Lots of Muslims there too, you should stay away. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's been a long time. Last time I can remember going there would have been the late eighties. 

I think I left Chicago area in 87 or 88..