Polaris 850, Sled of the Year - poor Frosty

Poncho

7 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Glad they won that award, in exchange for giving the magazine the most advertising dollars. Any idea how much lesser depreciation they would have if they didn,t win that award ? I,m guessing they would be worth about 40 % of the new cost after 1 years depreciation, instead of 50 % where they were before this awesome award. 

Still tough to beat the price of the annual Arctic Cat trailside fire sale specials.....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

My buddies just went down last weekend.  2019 850, 2700 or so miles.  Hell, that’s a good run for a Poo mil if you ask me.  :dunno:

Sure but when Cats go down, they usually stay down.:lol:

15 hours ago, Reevester said:

Hey faggot what part of Ontario are you from? Oh that's right, now make like a bird and flock off!! Take yer sister smallnuts with ya. :lol:

:bc:

No...from MN..you know, where Poo's are made.  :lol: 

I was just pointing it out.  He's a die hard Poo guy.  He's had three since 2014.  And now, six engines!   :lol: 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure but when Cats go down, they usually stay down.:lol:

How ya figure that, Batman?  Cat still has the most reliable mil in the business.

This is what I see as recommended top end rebuilds over the past 10 years or so, culminating with recent years.  For the record, on two strokes, there are NONE i wouldn't drop new slugs in at 5k miles.

Poo- 2500-3500 miles (Pre 2015 with "reliability kits" installed @ 1000-1500 miles)

Doo- 3500-4500 miles

Cat -5k or so.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No...from MN..you know, where Poo's are made.  :lol: 

I was just pointing it out.  He's a die hard Poo guy.  He's had three since 2014.  And now, six engines!   :lol: 

How ya figure that, Batman?  Cat still has the most reliable mil in the business.

This is what I see as recommended top end rebuilds over the past 10 years or so, culminating with recent years.  For the record, on two strokes, there are NONE i wouldn't drop new slugs in at 5k miles.

Poo- 2500-3500 miles (Pre 2015 with "reliability kits" installed @ 1000-1500 miles)

Doo- 3500-4500 miles

Cat -5k or so.

Ok 02zam. :lol:

On 3/26/2019 at 11:59 AM, Reevester said:

No.

Soild jackshaft, race brakes, more bracing between the rails, 4 soild rear idlers, 2 limiter straps, and a different pitch in track. Probably forgotten something.

vNPzeX5.jpg

I would assume the XCR is a little rougher ride for an average trail rider compared to the XC? So glad to see that rear scaffolding suspension gone:bc:

10 minutes ago, irv said:

I would assume the XCR is a little rougher ride for an average trail rider compared to the XC? So glad to see that rear scaffolding suspension gone:bc:

Scaffolding is still available on the Pro S and XCR Switchback for 2020.....not sure what the valving and spring rate will be like on the new XCR but certainly harder than a standard XC......but that is the idea.

Wonder what cat is doing,  snow check only no in season models.  1 year warranty for the same price as the competition.   Seems like a poor choice on the  1 yr especially.  I can see trying to clear out their decade old left overs but I know a few cat guys looking at doo/poo because of lack of models and warranty 

24 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Wonder what cat is doing,  snow check only no in season models.  1 year warranty for the same price as the competition.   Seems like a poor choice on the  1 yr especially.  I can see trying to clear out their decade old left overs but I know a few cat guys looking at doo/poo because of lack of models and warranty 

They are still charging freight and PDI and they have nothing different new from my 2015 XF.

36 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Yamaha / Cat merger or buy out

53 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Ask Frosty....he says his has the best resale value....pre and post-fire sale

1 hour ago, irv said:

Hopefully stiffer. XC was too soft I found. 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Some are saying 1 year warranty because they will be out of the game

41 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yep.  Nothing like seeing 2015 non current turbos still for sale at dealers.  Cat dealer in Parry Sound had two that they were trying to blow out.  Free cover, 2 year warranty and studded

39 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The best resale value come during the active fire sales.  They even give out free hotdogs.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, what’s up with that “Extreme trail performance” model?  :lol:

Does it come with padded Klim gear in 3XL?

Does the extreme ditchpickle model come with a pygmy shemedium?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Does the extreme ditchpickle model come with a pygmy shemedium?

They come with tons of gnar for real men. Stay in your lane tho...

25 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Comes with a box of pads for the vags that drive them 

Poo-laiders are just like their brand....they suck.  :lol:

”Got me a four year warranty!!!  That’s three new engines!!!”

:lmao:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Reevester said:

They really are the worst. Them and the summits on 8" snow. 

Yep. Watched an alpha on the trails this year. Made no sense. Arctic cat poser

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lol. Come on now. Two motors 

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've rode both and probably put 50k miles on cats. Loved my zr sit down chassis as a kid but after 2 PCs one which fell apart in short order I'm glad I'm on the axys chassis now.

Just flat out works. Motor just gives it that much more appeal. Fun watching poo take over too. Sorry for the 02zam post. 

:bc:

• Like 1