Polaris 850, Sled of the Year - poor Frosty

Poncho

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Is the only difference between the xc and xcr the shocks?

No.

Soild jackshaft, race brakes, more bracing between the rails, 4 soild rear idlers, 2 limiter straps, and a different pitch in track. Probably forgotten something.

vNPzeX5.jpg

Edited by Reevester

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

No.

Soild jackshaft, race brakes, more bracing between the rails, 4 soild rear idlers, 2 limiter straps, and a different pitch in track. Probably forgotten something.

vNPzeX5.jpg

Yes all that stuff, different pitch results in the 128inch on the XCR and 129 on the XC as I recall.  I love my XCR I can't imagine how nice this one will be

Glad they won that award, in exchange for giving the magazine the most advertising dollars. Any idea how much lesser depreciation they would have if they didn,t win that award ? I,m guessing they would be worth about 40 % of the new cost after 1 years depreciation, instead of 50 % where they were before this awesome award. 

14 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

y?

r motion is comfortable but the front end isn't nearly as good as what my AXYS was.  My 900T was colder than my assault to ride and the assault had a smaller windshield.  Front end of the G4 just doesn't feel right.  Running at high speed down the trail you could feel the bars moving a bit in each hand forwards and backwards.  Guys say DOO has the best fit and finish but I don't see it being better than the polaris.  At higher speeds it isn't as smooth as my assault was or my 13 nytro.  Headlight is fucking terrible at night

14 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Glad they won that award, in exchange for giving the magazine the most advertising dollars. Any idea how much lesser depreciation they would have if they didn,t win that award ? I,m guessing they would be worth about 40 % of the new cost after 1 years depreciation, instead of 50 % where they were before this awesome award. 

IMG_2387.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 04nightfire said:

r motion is comfortable but the front end isn't nearly as good as what my AXYS was.  My 900T was colder than my assault to ride and the assault had a smaller windshield.  Front end of the G4 just doesn't feel right.  Running at high speed down the trail you could feel the bars moving a bit in each hand forwards and backwards.  Guys say DOO has the best fit and finish but I don't see it being better than the polaris.  At higher speeds it isn't as smooth as my assault was or my 13 nytro.  Headlight is fucking terrible at night

Im wondering if you would have the same opinion riding an XRS. The XS chassis XRS is awesome. 

40 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Im wondering if you would have the same opinion riding an XRS. The XS chassis XRS is awesome. 

My opinion is very similar to that on the xs xrs.... steering feels contact-less at high speeds and is not confidence inspiring even slightly. 

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

Yes all that stuff, different pitch results in the 128inch on the XCR and 129 on the XC as I recall.  I love my XCR I can't imagine how nice this one will be

Yep. Has the same amount of track on the ground as the 137 and has 6 more track windows than the 129.

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Karma got a guy over on DOO talk.  He's a doo guy that bought an assault last year and hated it, tore it to pieces on line and sold it.  Well guess what went down on the weekend.  His 850 backcountry with 3600 miles.  

So half of what nunz put on his xc. :lol:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

My buddies just went down last weekend.  2019 850, 2700 or so miles.  Hell, that’s a good run for a Poo mil if you ask me.  :dunno:

Hey faggot what part of Ontario are you from? Oh that's right, now make like a bird and flock off!! Take yer sister smallnuts with ya. :lol:

:bc:

Edited by Reevester

6 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

very common compliant with the G4 and Doo alike.  It doesn't take long to figure out a Doo is coming up the trail toward you, the front light is darting around like crazy.  Doo really needs to rethink the front end.  R Motion is nice fore sure.

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

So half of what nunz put on his xc. :lol:

Yep. Rid bearing I believe. His 18 has 11000 miles with no problems. Funny how some doo guys defend their sleds like crazy and say how good they are but over on DOOTalk, it’s thread after thread of problems 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Yep. Rid bearing I believe. His 18 has 11000 miles with no problems. Funny how some doo guys defend their sleds like crazy and say how good they are but over on DOOTalk, it’s thread after thread of problems 

Imagine that. :lol: