‘Brutal’ video shows white officer violently arresting black man sitting on his mother’s porch

• Gold Member
Just now, jtssrx said:

I think the the cop is an asshole but the guy should have complied and there would have been an issue and then he could have filed suit against the cop and the department. Why give these rogue cops any ammunition against you??! 

If we don't stand up to overbearing cops then nothing will ever change. Cases like this one will help lead to change.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not entirely, the walk a mile statement does hold some merit.  The cop was wrong but we don't know what they go through every day.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Not at all

That is an over used rationalization for every abuse by those in power....I hope a cop pulls you two over at some point in the future and tazes you for no reason and we all can just say too bad....walk a mile....blah, blah......

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

If we don't stand up to overbearing cops then nothing will ever change. Cases like this one will help lead to change.

Not according to the logic here....just comply, play step and fetch it, go along to get along and all will be fine.

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That is an over used rationalization for every abuse by those in power....I hope a cop pulls you two over at some point in the future and tazes you for no reason and we all can just say too bad....walk a mile....blah, blah......

I wont give them a reason too...

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Go be a cop for a year then lets talk. Not condoning his behavior but until you walk in a cops shoes you have no right to judge. 

I can judge from what I saw, I know quite a few cops and most would say that cop needed better training.

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Goddamn what a cop out.

Howso? If you comply you wont have an issue....ive been handcuffed before...thrown in the backseat of a cruiser....bfd....got out later the next day.....no harm done.....just a waste of a day.....had I resisted.....whole different story i presume.

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I can judge from what I saw, I know quite a few cops and most would say that cop needed better training.

The guy should not be a cop. He is one if those Tommy tough tits beat off that likes to use his badge to push people around. I've met dozens of those guys. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Howso? If you comply you wont have an issue....ive been handcuffed before...thrown in the backseat of a cruiser....bfd....got out later the next day.....no harm done.....just a waste of a day.....had I resisted.....whole different story i presume.

So you did nothing wrong, didn't resist and still got arrested, held over night etc?

Meh..no big deal right 

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So you did nothing wrong, didn't resist and still got arrested, held over night etc?

Meh..no big deal right 

It was a group arrest outside of a nightclub where there was a huge brawl. Nbd just an inconvience. Had i resisted i assume i would have got beat up....

Its not worth trying to defend yourself most times in most situations with a cop or cops....ive been let off of a few speeding tickets i think because i say very little and what i do say is friendly and respectful.

Edited by Dave

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

The guy should not be a cop. He is one if those Tommy tough tits beat off that likes to use his badge to push people around. I've met dozens of those guys. 

Those type should never be cops...mallcop at the most....but because of lack of people wanting to be cops some slip through the cracks....we have this problem bigtime here in Canada....specially in the west cause most hate the winters.

9 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Not according to the logic here....just comply, play step and fetch it, go along to get along and all will be fine.

The cop was a jerk no doubt, if it were me in the situation, nothing would have happened.

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No, this idiot should never have been a cop.  

1 minute ago, Dave said:

It was a group arrest outside of a nightclub where there was a huge brawl. Nbd just an inconvience. Had i resisted i assume i would have got beat up....

Its not worth trying to defend yourself most times in most situations with a cop or cops....ive been let off of a few speeding tickets i think because i say very little and what i do is friendly and respectful.

And why is it not worth trying to defend yourself to the police? Don't want to Make them mad?

If you have nothing to hide and are not guilty of a crime then you're good. Although you may still be arrested and spend a night in jail. :flush: 

Just now, Skidooski said:

And why is it not worth trying to defend yourself to the police? Don't want to Make them mad?

If you have nothing to hide and are not guilty of a crime then you're good. Although you may still be arrested and spend a night in jail. :flush: 

Im ok with what happened.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Those type should never be cops...mallcop at the most....but because of lack of people wanting to be cops some slip through the cracks....we have this problem bigtime here in Canada....specially in the west cause most hate the winters.

Many years ago a buddy of ours get thrown in jail overnight.  We were looking for our drunk buddy who must have got lost walking back to the motel.  We saw a cop car and he asked if they had seen his buddy.  They chuckled, and said yeah, he in the back of the cruiser.  He looked, he wasn't their and then called them a couple of fuckin clowns.  Well the cops did not like that and arrested him.  Worse part of it was he needed to get that off his record.  Was in Wasaga Beach where the cops were known to be big douche A-Holes.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Many years ago a buddy of ours get thrown in jail overnight.  We were looking for our drunk buddy who must have got lost walking back to the motel.  We saw a cop car and he asked if they had seen his buddy.  They chuckled, and said yeah, he in the back of the cruiser.  He looked, he wasn't their and then called them a couple of fuckin clowns.  Well the cops did not like that and arrested him.  Worse part of it was he needed to get that off his record.  Was in Wasaga Beach where the cops were known to be big douche A-Holes.

Best thing to do is keep your mouth shut in places like that....Cops love to make an example out of mouthy young punks.

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

Best thing to do is keep your mouth shut in places like that....Cops love to make an example out of mouthy young punks.

The funny part  was when another buddy called him a jailbird the next morning.  He wanted a piece of him.

56 minutes ago, Dave said:

In prison, being a cop is worse than being a pedophile. I wonder why that is.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Sadly I believe a high percentage of people who WANT to become cops are this personality type.  One of our 2 cops in our small town is this way.  They need to be filtered out before they become cops.   Problem is there probably isn't enough applicants to not accept some.

Right or wrong the AA community needs to look in the mirror as well and start to change their own behavior as well.   Cops deal with scum every single day on the streets, white, black whatever.   Hard to know how that would make one act.  

Almost twice as many black on black murders have been committed in Chicago than soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2003.   Thats fucked up from both sides.  

Edited by Highmark

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Ah...maybe cause cops put bad guys in jail... :dunno:

Yeah but the guys in there have all been abused by cops. Alot of these suburban and rural fucksticks think cops are these righteous crusaders for good. I have seen cops lie, set people up, physically abuse them and railroad totally innocent people for just being in the wrong place at the right time. Guys in prison have these experiences and when a cop finally goes down for being a piece of shit and ends up in the joint, it's payback time...

Edited by Anler

21 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Go be a cop for a year then lets talk. Not condoning his behavior but until you walk in a cops shoes you have no right to judge. 

become a citizen in a cops hate book for a yr, and have the fucker harass you every other day. then you can say you seen both sides of the coin

All cops should leave the blacks alone!  They don't want or need assistance from law enforcement.  If they do, they can promote one from within their own community and give them a badge and gun to help out.  Quite simple really.  Not sure why we aren't getting this.  :dunno: