2014 Ram 8 speed DIY trans service

Tinker

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

How's the new business venture treating you, Aaron?

Big learning curve both in running a retail business and transmission business. but cars are coming in and people are leaving happy. When the lake freezes I will bring my sled to work and we can ride after work  for a bit :) 

2 hours ago, Taillight said:

Big learning curve both in running a retail business and transmission business. but cars are coming in and people are leaving happy. When the lake freezes I will bring my sled to work and we can ride after work  for a bit :) 

Good to hear.

Let's hope we get a better winter around these parts than we have the last few years!

On 10/26/2016 at 4:01 PM, Algonquin Rider said:

It was GM and Ford who did the joint venture with transmissions. Ford used GM's design, pays royalties and they share suppliers.

My confusion. A bit of a coincedence (to me) that Tinker's transmission was the same "basic" confifguration.

• 2 months later...

Similar results with my 2011 GM  5.3 + 6 speed. I've done a fluid exchange on it twice when the fluids started to look darkish n shifting seems off. Each time, shifting returns to normal. As for plugs, done them twice as well. Was running fine before each change but it always runs just a little better afterwards. Not a lot of money to spend up front as compared to trans failure and or a plug seized or broken off in the head.