Check your account email address ×

Contributing Memberships

ckf

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I hope you sent him the payment in 1 cent postage stamps. :lol:

Haha.  Remember when Huzy paid a 100$ bet he lost to a member and sent the payment in all change and glued together?     :lol: 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure out a way to simplify the contributing membership process for both you and me. The way I've been doing it is manually looking up payments from last year and then manually sending a renewal invoice. It's very time consuming to do. I think I'm about 3 months behind right now.  . While I was poking around PayPal today I noticed they offered recurring subscription options now.   I would like to move away from the old system and adopt the new system. To go that route I would need you guys to signup on your own whenever you think it's time to renew. I know the majority are in May and June.  

I did up the fee to $30/year as the costs of running the site are slowly creeping up. Is that to much?  There is also a donation button for anyone wanting to hit the tip jar. You will find both options on the right side of the page on a computer. On tablets and phones you will need to scroll down on the home page.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

With the exchange for the monopoly money for the nascar pool , I believe I sent ya around $27. So I beat ya down a little. Mr Rosenberg , how did I do?

Fucking Ron is wearing off on you guys :lol:

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've been trying to figure out a way to simplify the contributing membership process for both you and me. The way I've been doing it is manually looking up payments from last year and then manually sending a renewal invoice. It's very time consuming to do. I think I'm about 3 months behind right now.  . While I was poking around PayPal today I noticed they offered recurring subscription options now.   I would like to move away from the old system and adopt the new system. To go that route I would need you guys to signup on your own whenever you think it's time to renew. I know the majority are in May and June.  

I did up the fee to $30/year as the costs of running the site are slowly creeping up. Is that to much?  There is also a donation button for anyone wanting to hit the tip jar. You will find both options on the right side of the page on a computer. On tablets and phones you will need to scroll down on the home page.

Thoughts?

Done.

We are getting fucking hosed on the exchange.  Good thing I get paid in USD.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

56 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Done.

We are getting fucking hosed on the exchange.  Good thing I get paid in USD.

Thank you.

I didn't think about that. You guys are always getting screwed on the exchange. Is $30 to much?

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

Thank you.

I didn't think about that. You guys are always getting screwed on the exchange. Is $30 to much?

With the current exchange rate, $30 turns into $40 for us nooks. That's getting up there, imo, but if that's what it takes then it is what it is. 

15 hours ago, irv said:

With the current exchange rate, $30 turns into $40 for us nooks. That's getting up there, imo, but if that's what it takes then it is what it is. 

I agree. I've adjusted it back down to $25/yr USD :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, Momorider said:

I sent you $50 US last spring so I hope thats OK till at least Christmas :dunno: 

Yes you are.  I noticed that you sent $50 last time I was looking to see what needed to be invoiced :bc:

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I stopped using pay pal and do Venmo,or I can send you a $3 scratch off with a chance to win $50k?

I have no idea what Venmo is. Don't forget, I live in the sticks, LOL.

Just now, ckf said:

I have no idea what Venmo is. Don't forget, I live in the sticks, LOL.

It’s owned by pay pal. It’s free and easy. I use it to send my college kids money. It’s a app. You should get the app and try it. 

On 5/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, ckf said:

Thoughts?

Wore out the old crock pot and had to buy a new one, eh? 

:snack:

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

It’s owned by pay pal. It’s free and easy. I use it to send my college kids money. It’s a app. You should get the app and try it. 

I'll check it out. I do have Square and they offer subscription billing to if you don't want to use PayPal.

26 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Wore out the old crock pot and had to buy a new one, eh? 

:snack:

Disk space is going to be the issue. I started getting warning messages a few weeks ago when we hit 82%. Now we are at 84%. The next step up is 150gb of storage, but it is another $30/month. As of now I think CM's and what little bit that I get from Google ads are close to covering out current server.

image.png

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'll check it out. I do have Square and they offer subscription billing to if you don't want to use PayPal.

Disk space is going to be the issue. I started getting warning messages a few weeks ago when we hit 82%. Now we are at 84%. The next step up is 150gb of storage, but it is another $30/month. As of now I think CM's and what little bit that I get from Google ads are close to covering out current server.

image.png

Start limiting the # of posts non CMs can make per days 

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Start limiting the # of posts non CMs can make per days 

It's not the posts, it's attachments. The regular members are throttled back in that regard.  And for whatever reason Invision makes it a PIA for members to delete their old attachments.

Just now, ckf said:

It's not the posts, it's attachments. The regular members are throttled back in that regard.  And for whatever reason Invision makes it a PIA for members to delete their old attachments.

Yes it is :flush:

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 5/4/2019 at 8:38 AM, Woodtick said:

Be carefull with it. Ive never used it and someone charged to it on one of my credit cards. CC company took away the charge , but I don't trust the fucks.

14 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Be carefull with it. Ive never used it and someone charged to it on one of my credit cards. CC company took away the charge , but I don't trust the fucks.

I have mine limited to $300 worth of transactions every 30 days. I really don’t trust any of them.