American Graffiti

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Idk...Jack Reacher slowly smashing up a 70 Chevelle SS literally made me cringe and turn away.  It was devastating.....like a horror movie!!!!!

That was tough to watch destroying that Chevelle

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Idk...Jack Reacher slowly smashing up a 70 Chevelle SS literally made me cringe and turn away.  It was devastating.....like a horror movie!!!!!

Should be laws against that shit.  

Most of those movies/ shows have one nice car for close ups and junkers painted up to look nice from a far. 

They had a General Lee at autorama they made a jump with on display.  What a cobbled up piece of shit it was. Surprised they didn’t fall through floor. 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Most of those movies/ shows have one nice car for close ups and junkers painted up to look nice from a far. 

They had a General Lee at autorama they made a jump with on display.  What a cobbled up piece of shit it was. Surprised they didn’t fall through floor. 

The 55 in graffiti was a beautiful car they rolled with a big block in it. In 2 lane they rolled a 55 with silver painted rims and a single exhaust

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

That was tough to watch destroying that Chevelle

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Does anyone remember when Jesse James cut up a rare Chevelle SS on Monster Garage? It might have been the El Camino SS, I can't remember, but with not liking that guy much prior to that episode certainly cemented, after that show, that I didn't like him at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I have never seen that movie.  Not sure how. 

My favorite car movie is the original Gone in 60 seconds.  Movie is cheesy as hell, but best car chase ever.  That mo fo was driving the shit out of that mustang. 

Its an awesome movie.  Along with Crazy Marry dirty Larry

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Set of better wheels, white letter tires and some stereo upgrades and these were sweet.   Awfully slow but rode nice.  :lol:  

Oldsmobile-1983-Cutlass-Supreme-1024x558.jpg

My Grandfather had a white Cutlass Salon with a red interior, floor shifter, and factory rallye wheels, it was a handsome car.

8 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Its an awesome movie.  Along with Crazy Marry dirty Larry

I have both 2 lane blacktop and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry on DVD

2 lane blacktop was a cult type movie. A little strange but very cool none the less. Warren oates was in it. He played the sergeant in Stripes.

Vanishing Point was another good car movie.

1970 R/T challenger 4 speed

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, smokin george said:

The 55 in graffiti was a beautiful car they rolled with a big block in it. In 2 lane they rolled a 55 with silver painted rims and a single exhaust

Here is the whole story on the 55's used in Two Lane Black Top and American Graffiti.

http://unofficialamericangraffiti.weebly.com/the-1955-chevy.html

2 hours ago, Pete said:

2 lane blacktop was a cult type movie. A little strange but very cool none the less. Warren oates was in it. He played the sergeant in Stripes.

Vanishing Point was pretty awesome too. One of my favorite car movies ,albeit a strange one.....Blues Brothers lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Vanishing Point was pretty awesome too. One of my favorite car movies ,albeit a strange one.....Blues Brothers lol 

The mall scene!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't remember a lot about Hot Rod the movie but as a kid I remember it being a good watch. For some reason, it doesn't get mentioned much when it comes to Hot Rod/drag racing movies. I couldn't find a trailer, only the full movie.

Edited by irv

1 hour ago, STUMP said:

Corvette summer!

51 minutes ago, STUMP said:

Talk about destroying a corvette hey.

:lol:

Good one. 

I have a  guilty pleasure for  gaudy 70's style corvettes, going way back.  When I was a kid my aunt was dating a Colombian drug dealer .  This scarface looking dude comes roaring up to my grandmas house in this white pimped out vette, with all the shit on it......including a naked woman airbrushed on the side.  :lol:

As a young kid I was amazed.  Not sure what this guy is all about, but when I grow up I'm doing what hes doing!!

In high school my best buddy's dad had a thing for 63-67 vettes ,  they had a whole driveway full of them.   He would rip them apart and turn them into race cars.  They were crazy ass fast, but always in different state of repair.  We would stop for gas and old guys would run over and  start bitching out my buddy for destroying  a corvette. We would come rolling into parking lot where everyone hung out , going sideways , smoke everywhere, with two bitches  sitting in my lap,  good times!! 

• Like 1