American Graffiti

Just now, Cold War said:

Same.  I like a car with long front end & short tail.  The problem with most of the cars from that era is stance.  You have got to get em sit right.  Cars with ground effects look retarded with a foot of ground clearance. 

70s montes were like that bigtime

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

My dad was going to give me his 70s something Grenada as my first car...i said no thanks.

:lol:

My 1st car was a 76 VW bug in lime green. One time the throttle linkage broke on the peddle. A buddy that was with me clipped some vise grips on it and gave it the gas when I told him to so we could get home :lol:

1976-volkswagen-beetle-classic-2-door-gr

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Same.  I like a car with long front end & short tail.  The problem with most of the cars from that era is stance.  You have got to get em sit right.  Cars with ground effects look retarded with a foot of ground clearance. 

Almost with every vehicle its all about stance.   Watched a show on GM getting vehicles ready for the Chicago Car show and every single one they were doing things to get the "stance" just right.  :lol:   Amazing what even 1/2" wheel spacers will do to the looks of a car if the backspacing isn't right.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Almost with every vehicle its all about stance.   Watched a show on GM getting vehicles ready for the Chicago Car show and every single one they were doing things to get the "stance" just right.  :lol:   Amazing what even 1/2" wheel spacers will do to the looks of a car if the backspacing isn't right.  

Im not a fan of this...

ready-lift-2017-ford-f350-3-5 sst lift kit_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

My 1st car was a 76 VW bug in lime green. One time the throttle linkage broke on the peddle. A buddy that was with me clipped some vise grips on it and gave it the gas when I told him to so we could get home :lol:

1976-volkswagen-beetle-classic-2-door-gr

My one and only car was a 72 Superbeetle I bought in 1984. It was a rotten pos with a bondo body job. Only had it for about 8 months before I sold it for a '81 Jimmy. Only trucks since then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Youre gay!!!!

:lmao:  Just like tastefully done trucks of which that is.   Not a ridiculous lift nor are the wheels too far out the fender.   Nice looking truck.  Not a huge fan of the deep dish rims but that's still pretty nice.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yeah but he's gay

:lol:

Im really eyeing that new 7.3 gasser that Fords coming out with this yr....they are still tight lipped on specs though. Im thinking a LIMITED with that in it.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Hollywood Knights is another great classic car movie and is funny as fuck.  

Hollywood-knights-4-nw.jpg

I don't think I seen that one? There were some great car movies back in the day. I miss those, like Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Watched thunderbolt & light foot   yesterday on Netflix .  like that movie, great cast. a young, smoking hot, daisy Duke makes a small appearance 

That was a great flick that I forgot all about. I haven't liked George Kennedy (rip) since that movie. :D

46 minutes ago, DAVE said:

70s montes were like that bigtime

The second gens weren't any shorter! I had my parents Monte to drive in grade 12, although it didn't look like this. 

Picture 003 (Large).jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

I don't think I seen that one? There were some great car movies back in the day. I miss those, like Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary. 

That was a great flick that I forgot all about. I haven't liked George Kennedy (rip) since that movie. :D

The second gens weren't any shorter! I had my parents Monte to drive in grade 12, although it didn't look like this. 

Picture 003 (Large).jpg

Yes man love your car....you need to fix that thing..it will kill me if i couldnt drive it!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yeah we were cheated as teens in the 80's.   Guys in my area made some damn nice looking Monte Carlo's, Olds Cutlass and Buick Regals in the early-mid 80's.   Still trying to find a 83-84 Hurst Olds.   Some pretty sweet G-body's but they were slow as fuck.  :lol:   My brother had an incredible looking one.   Two tone with t-tops and Craiger keystone classic wheels with Uniroyal white letters.   Damn that was a nice car.  

they were still complete pieces of shit and slow.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they were still complete pieces of shit and slow.  

Yeah but that's what we grew up around so they are still sweet to me.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Yeah but that's what we grew up around so they are still sweet to me.  

Hey , some don't like a small landing strip on a pussy. That's what pussy is supposed to look like for me. 

For MC it's one that looks like sasqauch

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Hey , some don't like a small landing strip on a pussy. That's what pussy is supposed to look like for me. 

For MC it's one that looks like sasqauch

:lmao:Hey nothing wrong with a hairy snatch.  :lol:  

Got to love FSCE.   From cool car movie to women's privates in under 3 pages.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

What was it again that you were driving in the late 80's?    :bigfinger:

two complete slow pos,  1989 pontiac sunbird and a 1983 Pontiac sunbird.  For my speed thrill i'd steal moms 87 vette which in retrospect,  also a POS.  80's sucked for cars that weren't european

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

two complete slow pos,  1989 pontiac sunbird and a 1983 Pontiac sunbird.  For my speed thrill i'd steal moms 87 vette which in retrospect,  also a POS.  80's sucked for cars that weren't european

They did. that suckage started in 1973 and lasted way too long.

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yes, but like Huighmark said, that's what we grew up around. We didn't have today's cars to compare them with.

I removed the stripes from mine and just left the SS on the door. I had the t-tops in mine but no A/C.  Tell me that doesn't look sweet.

CARS-01.JPG

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, but like Huighmark said, that's what we grew up around. We didn't have today's cars to compare them with.

I removed the stripes from mine and just left the SS on the door. I had the t-tops in mine but no A/C.  Tell me that doesn't look sweet.

CARS-01.JPG

Throw some centerlines on it and its perfect!

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I had a 89 sunbird with the turbo with a standard transmission....it hauled ass pretty good for a little 2.0