American Graffiti

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hollywood Knights is another great classic car movie and is funny as fuck.  

Hollywood-knights-4-nw.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ckf said:

It would have been cool to grow up in the 60's for car guys :thumb:   I was a teenager in the 80's and we all know what they were putting out in the 80's :(

I was a teenager in the late 70's . Most teenagers drive 10 yr old cars so in high school, we all had the good stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I was a teenager in the late 70's . Most teenagers drive 10 yr old cars so in high school, we all had the good stuff.

I would bring my 1100 to school in my car so I could hunt partridge after school.

also carried a pocket knife 

my how times have changed 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

It would have been cool to grow up in the 60's for car guys :thumb:   I was a teenager in the 80's and we all know what they were putting out in the 80's :(

Gnx was the only have to have car really imo...maybe a 89 zr1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would bring my 1100 to school in my car so I could hunt partridge after school.

also carried a pocket knife 

my how times have changed 

My high school ride was one of these.

couger.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yeah we were cheated as teens in the 80's.   Guys in my area made some damn nice looking Monte Carlo's, Olds Cutlass and Buick Regals in the early-mid 80's.   Still trying to find a 83-84 Hurst Olds.   Some pretty sweet G-body's but they were slow as fuck.  :lol:   My brother had an incredible looking one.   Two tone with t-tops and Craiger keystone classic wheels with Uniroyal white letters.   Damn that was a nice car.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah we were cheated as teens in the 80's.   Guys in my area made some damn nice looking Monte Carlo's, Olds Cutlass and Buick Regals in the early-mid 80's.   Still trying to find a 83-84 Hurst Olds.

Yup,  I  love the looks of my monte SS. 

I liked all my mustsang GT  Fox bodies. 

Granted, you had to yank the motors out of  all 80’s cars , but with some actual hp there are some cool rides. 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Yup,  I  love the looks of my monte SS. 

I liked all my mustsang GT  Fox bodies. 

Granted, you had to yank the motors out of  all 80’s cars , but with some actual hp there are some cool rides. 

Yeah the Camaro's were really popular in my area and the late 80's.  Personally I liked the early mid 80's G-Body better.

I saved up in HS and bought a leftover 87 Monte Carlo SS in 88. It was my 1st car loan and my parents had to co-sign. I borrowed $5500 over 3 years. I want to say they were $160/mo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I saved up in HS and bought a leftover 87 Monte Carlo SS in 88. It was my 1st car loan and my parents had to co-sign. I borrowed $5500 over 3 years. I want to say they were $160/mo.

My dad was going to give me his 70s something Grenada as my first car...i said no thanks.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yeah the Camaro's were really popular in my area and the late 80's.  Personally I liked the early mid 80's G-Body better.

Same.  I like a car with long front end & short tail.  The problem with most of the cars from that era is stance.  You have got to get em sit right.  Cars with ground effects look retarded with a foot of ground clearance.