Mercedes CL65 AMG

Found one for cheap through my car guy. It’s an “06. Why are these things so cheap? It’s mint with 58k. Beautiful black. Fucker is sneaky fast. 600 some hp. I googled it and there really isn’t any identifiable issues that I could see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Found one for cheap through my car guy. It’s an “06. Why are these things so cheap? It’s mint with 58k. Beautiful black. Fucker is sneaky fast. 600 some hp. I googled it and there really isn’t any identifiable issues that I could see. 

Because maintenance and repairs on them is crazy expensive after they are out of warranty. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

What’s their issues? 

I don't know but I just remember friends telling me about $600 oil changes and $2000 brake jobs and shit like that. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I don't know but I just remember friends telling me about $600 oil changes and $2000 brake jobs and shit like that. 

You really have to have a guy you can trust. The dealer will take you to the cleaners.

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s through the dealer. Stuff like that I do myself. I’m wondering about major stuff. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the cars. But even with the foreign car mechanics independents, parts are expensive. That's why they depreciate so fast. Cost of ownership can be really expensive. That's a performance car too. 

46 minutes ago, Anler said:

Don't get me wrong, I like the cars. But even with the foreign car mechanics independents, parts are expensive. That's why they depreciate so fast. Cost of ownership can be really expensive. That's a performance car too. 

Coil packs and the hydraulic suspension are the issues. The steering pump also runs the suspension hydraulics. 3000psi system with very expensive parts. Coil packs alone are $3k. And they do fail. Still, at $23k purchase price it would still be a nice car and a bargain. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Coil packs and the hydraulic suspension are the issues. The steering pump also runs the suspension hydraulics. 3000psi system with very expensive parts. Coil packs alone are $3k. And they do fail. Still, at $23k purchase price it would still be a nice car and a bargain. 

Yup, drive it til something breaks then park it in the ghetto and report it stolen. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Because its 14 years old. 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yup, drive it til something breaks then park it in the ghetto and report it stolen. 

3 years from now it will sitting in the driveway with 4 flats , a tank of stale gas a faded paper 20 day plate and covered in cat paw prints . Meanwhile , he's inside the spare bedroom typing out his 500th Trump thread with a pall mall 100 in his mouth burned down to the filter surrounded by months worth of trash that needs to be taken out :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

3 years from now it will sitting in the driveway with 4 flats , a tank of stale gas a faded paper 20 day plate and covered in cat paw prints . Meanwhile , he's inside the spare bedroom typing out his 500th Trump thread with a pall mall 100 in his mouth burned down to the filter surrounded by months worth of trash that needs to be taken out :lol: 

I’d also be peeing in corona bottles while you’re convalescing from a major stroke. Fuck head. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’d also be peeing in corona bottles while you’re convalescing from a major stroke. Fuck head. 

You'll be down to pissing in your pants so you don't have to leave the desktop and miss out on a potential response :lol:  Who knows , you may even do that now , it wouldn't shock me

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Probably past 500 Trump threads now.... :lol: 

7 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

:true: what a Sodomite 

14 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I drove Don's S with the AMG motor and whatnot.  It was a hoot.

Neal

Yeah that’s pretty wimpy compared to the 6.3.

14 hours ago, Anler said:

Because maintenance and repairs on them is crazy expensive after they are out of warranty. 

I don’t know about that.  You defin Tell don’t bring it to an MB dealer, and need to find “ a guy” you can trust.  Then again, I wouldn’t want anything with air suspension or a few other high dollar features.

14 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s through the dealer. Stuff like that I do myself. I’m wondering about major stuff. 

My ML550 has the NA 5.5 liter V8, and has been pretty damn reliable.  Sending it down the road here shortly, bought it with 16,000 miles on it for half price of a new one.  Just cracked 145,000 on it, original plugs, coils, batteries, struts, etc..  I had to replace a serpentine belt and pulley, along with a power steering pump reservoir that froze and cracked (plastic) one subzero morning at camp, 3 sets of tires and one set of pads.   9 quart pans keep everything lubed up good and maintenance schedules low.  the 6.3 of that era isn’t all that much different.  You’re going to hear some horror stories, but have a mechanic who knows the car look it over, see if there is a maintenance history (I kept all my receipts ).  Good cheap fun, but you’re fussy like me, I wouldn’t want to start throwing all kinds of money at it you’ll never get back on stuff like shocks, struts, etc..