Exxon Refinery on Fire

Just now, hwytohell said:

dems will be quick to fundraise off from this....................................... and place blame.

Well.......... Exxon has had several major accidents at this refinery in the recent past.  Two days ago they settled the injury suits from the fire in 2017.  

This is a massive refinery.  One of the biggest in the nation.  

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well.......... Exxon has had several major accidents at this refinery in the recent past.  Two days ago they settled the injury suits from the fire in 2017.  

This is a massive refinery.  One of the biggest in the nation.  

2nd largest.  These sites are very common.  We do a lot of work in the poly side of these companies, they are just massive.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Refinery fire is really bad. Hope everyone gets out and good luck to those talked with fighting it

Yes, really bad.  Hopefully they get it under control soon if not already.  

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

2nd largest.  These sites are very common.  We do a lot of work in the poly side of these companies, they are just massive.

Massive for sure.  They are a very scary place to work.  I was so lucky to be able to work in Upstream.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes, really bad.  Hopefully they get it under control soon if not already.  

Massive for sure.  They are a very scary place to work.  I was so lucky to be able to work in Upstream.  

Remember Charlie 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  He came to Prudhoe about 1 year after his accident.  Unbelievable.  

You can basically assign a danger level to an industrial facility based on how heavily regulated it is. Regulations are all written in blood. Refineries are up there near the top

Edited by f7ben

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Remember Charlie 

Seen the safety vid years ago at work. I was fairly young and naive but that one stuck with me and opened my eyes!

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

Wtf...I think until Slinger chimes in here, we don’t know what to expect or what this is about.  

I’ll wait for his expertise here...and let him advise me on what my thoughts are and should be before I comment any more.  Some of you should take this advice also.  Stop lying to yourselves.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, irv said:

Seen the safety vid years ago at work. I was fairly young and naive but that one stuck with me and opened my eyes!

Damn that is a good watch.

2 hours ago, irv said:

I've seen that one a couple times as well for our safety stand downs before Christmas and summer shut down.  They switch them up all the time to keep you thinking about different scenarios. Makes you think.  Also , we lost an MR at my plant so when it hits closer to home, it has a different affect on you.  Same with the MW that died down at KTP back during Christmas shutdown of '09.  Routine job that I've done several times turned fatal. 

So Exxon was able to get Saturdays hydrogen fire under control by the end of the day.  Then yesterday they had another incident at their Deer Park facility. It started small as a minor incident.  It has now migrated to a storage tank area where 8 huge storage tanks are on fire.  This is getting much worse.  

Two completely separate incidents at two of their Houston refineries.  

Deer-Park-fire-KTRK.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&