Why are millennials burned out? Capitalism.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'm sure you'll handle it in a professional, PC manner, with consideration for everyone's thoughts and feeling.

I'm nothing if not professional.  That's why they are so mad.  :lol: 

My job is to sit in the back of the attorneys office and look irritated at the time of the reading.  Seriously.  That's what I was told.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

We don’t have pure capitalism. Pure capitalism would’ve never seen bank or big three bailouts. 

No, this is exactly what pure capitalism looks like. It allows accumulated wealth to exist and buy our government. 

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Choose a field that is in demand.   Simple as that.  If you don't want to go to college fine plenty of high paying fields in the trades.   Quit fucking complaining.  

No doubt there are a lot of opportunities out there.  And they are easier to find. My age group use to have to rely on a guidance counsellor (usually a failed teacher) if we wanted to find out about career opportunities. Today anyone curious about a career should be able to find out everything before they apply. Hiring rates, pay rates for new grads and those with experience. They should be able to find out how prospective employers treat employees through sites like glass door etc. What jobs give more vacation time, reward volunteerism, whatever they think is important.  

There are also lots of opportunities in trades.  

All of those are great for people with motivation, connections and family support.  What percentage of people are like that now vs 35-40 years ago? Do you really think your own generation was more motivated? In our area, there were lots of opportunities for people that just wanted a factory job. Weren't great in school but would show up every day and do what is asked of them. Hell for some if it was a union shop they only had to behave for the first 3 months. They were your average person.  Those people if they were in any way decent with money, could have headed into a factory after 4 years of high school and had their own house before their classmates who went to university had their degree.  When their classmates graduated, they'd average more per year, probably have a nicer working environment and 10 years after high school they were probably further ahead. 

Now the average university graduate has less opportunities, and has to work far more hours to buy a house, car etc than the average high school grad did in my day. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/5-ways-baby-boomers-had-big-advantages-over-millennials.html/

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm sure RevBeta is only hiring top notch.  I wonder how many applicants even have white names?:lol:

Most do. . I live in southern ontario you dumb fuck.  Every day you act dumber. 

Well obviously it's not an act. 

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm nothing if not professional.  That's why they are so mad.  :lol: 

My job is to sit in the back of the attorneys office and look irritated at the time of the reading.  Seriously.  That's what I was told.  :lol: 

I hope you are being well compensated for your professional services.  :lol:

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

I hope you are being well compensated for your professional services.  :lol:

Nope.  I get my choice of one of his guns in his collection tho.  He's a good man.....he just failed at raising his sons.  

Just now, washedupmxer said:

:lol:when you live in a world where your own decisions don't matter sure 

Because a system that produces stagnant wages and massive debt is perfect in every way, it's people born into those conditions that are the problem. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Because a system that produces stagnant wages and massive debt is perfect in every way, it's people born into those conditions that are the problem. 

Massive debt is personal choice 

I know you live in world where nothing in your fault, I don't 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, this is exactly what pure capitalism looks like. It allows accumulated wealth to exist and buy our government. 

Our type of capitalism doesn't work without big govt. It is not free market capitalism. Not that unadulterated free market capitalism would produce something better. It still promotes massive wealth concentration and control. 

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

Massive debt is personal choice 

I know you live in world where nothing in your fault, I don't 

Lol, not really. 

Massive debt is required to keep the economy running. Because wages and wage based demand are stagnant.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Now you get it! Finally!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Our type of capitalism doesn't work without big govt. It is not free market capitalism. Not that unadulterated free market capitalism would produce something better. It still promotes massive wealth concentration and control. 

You had me at 'capitalism doesn't work'

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

You had me at 'capitalism doesn't work'

Hey Dave told me that this will all correct itself like it always does so quit being a little bitch, ok?

• Haha 1

There are a lot of great millenial employees in the workforce, I'm lucky to have large percentage of them on my team.

Just a fun fact; I'm constantly being contacted by headhunters and there is always a significant amount of candidates that want to relocate from Iowa and Minnesoat to Chicago.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are a lot of great millenial employees in the workforce, I'm lucky to have large percentage of them on my team.

Just a fun fact; I'm constantly being contacted by headhunters and there is always a significant amount of candidates that want to relocate from Iowa and Minnesoat to Chicago.

We are forcing the losers out.  :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Headhunters don't really care if an opportunity works out, actually it's better for them if it doesn't.:lol: