Beto O'Rourke Rocked by Scandal as High-School Mixtape Appears to Include REO Speedwagon

Beto O'Rourke Rocked by Scandal as High-School Mixtape Appears to Include REO Speedwagon

IOWA CITY, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—The nascent Presidential campaign of Beto O’Rourke took a serious hit on Friday with the leak of a high-school-era mixtape by the candidate that included a song by REO Speedwagon. 

The mixtape, which prominently featured the song “Keep on Loving You,” sent shockwaves through the O’Rourke campaign, forcing the candidate to address the controversy on the hustings. 

“In my youth, I put a song on a mixtape that I deeply regret adding,” O’Rourke told a stunned crowd at an Iowa City diner. “REO Speedwagon does not represent who I am.” 

The Democratic strategist Tracy Klugian cautioned that O’Rourke’s apology might not have put the mixtape scandal to rest. 

“If that’s the only tape out there, then Beto moves on from this,” he said. “But if a mixtape comes out with Air Supply on it, he’s done.”

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The more you guys say you hate him for no reason at all, the more the left will like him. The only problem is he won’t turn away Indy’s, and young people will vote for him. 

It doesnt even come down to that. This is the new generation and this is what they are doing. And for everyone who bitches about millennials or progressives needs to know that they are a product of us and the world that was left to them. Blame yoself.  

24 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The more you guys say you hate him for no reason at all, the more the left will like him. The only problem is he won’t turn away Indy’s, and young people will vote for him. 

This scares the fuck out of the Fox News watchers and other shut-ins...............and it should as there numbers are diminishing by the minute, add to that Trump's budget calling for cuts to Medicare and republican 2020 candiates have got to be thinking "fuck me!!"

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

It doesnt even come down to that. This is the new generation and this is what they are doing. And for everyone who bitches about millennials or progressives needs to know that they are a product of us and the world that was left to them. Blame yoself.  

I'm all good with millenials, they just like things explained to them and then you just turn then loose and they will run through brink walls because they want to.

30 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This scares the fuck out of the Fox News watchers and other shut-ins...............and it should as there numbers are diminishing by the minute, add to that Trump's budget calling for cuts to Medicare and republican 2020 candiates have got to be thinking "fuck me!!"

I'm all good with millenials, they just like things explained to them and then you just turn then loose and they will run through brink walls because they want to.

Um no, not really.  It scares the fuck out of Bernie Sanders and AOC supporters.  Beto needs to actually develop a platform and take a stand on a few issues before he will start scaring people on the right.  If he gets the right message out he could bring in a lot of Republican support.  You only have to look at his race against Ted Cruz to realize this.  

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He’s been very upfront about his stand on the issues. I have no idea where some here say he hasn’t been.