Sign in to follow this  

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

costs me $30 a month for my insulin. Im very lucky insurance is covering it. They wont cover my test strips tho without a major fight

my MIL pays for those out of pocket, and they're relatively cheap. like you, apparently. why should i help pay for your test strips? :news:

26 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

my MIL pays for those out of pocket, and they're relatively cheap. like you, apparently. why should i help pay for your test strips? :news:

is she type 1 or type 2?

big difference.

I didn't ask you to pay for shit. WTF is wrong with you. I pay plenty as it is but im alive and well

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Isn't the problem you are paying far too much for insulin compared to other countries.  Most Canadians do not have scripts covered by insurance.

America has no price controls. A company can move into a position that monopolizes the production of an older medication and raise the price 1000%. Happens all the time. 

I support price controls on meds to keep them in line with other countries.   It's fucking ridiculous we pay more than another country.  

Reality is med's are 10% of our HC costs.   Huge reductions will still only result in minimal overall savings in HC.  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I support price controls on meds to keep them in line with other countries.   It's fucking ridiculous we pay more than another country.  

Reality is med's are 10% of our HC costs.   Huge reductions will still only result in minimal overall savings in HC.  

lilly decided that they will raise the price of my Humalog insulin to $100 a bottle now. Just because they can. no other reason

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

lilly decided that they will raise the price of my Humalog insulin to $100 a bottle now. Just because they can. no other reason

Well honestly its a bit uninformed making that statement not knowing the details of the companies costs.   Yes they probably just raised it to raise it but sometimes they must to remain profitable.   This can come from too low of prices to other countries.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Well honestly its a bit uninformed making that statement not knowing the details of the companies costs.   Yes they probably just raised it to raise it but sometimes they must to remain profitable.   This can come from too low of prices to other countries.   

Or even from legal costs from being sued. Some asswipes think everyone should be sued. 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

The reason is clear. Profit motive. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

57 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

HM defending this shit...shocker.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You against it....shocker.

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You against it....shocker.

Against gouging people on the price of life saving medicine...I sure am.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Against gouging people on the price of life saving medicine...I sure am.

But you defend illegals sucking off the system.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

All that one needs to do is look at the facts with an honest approach. The drug companies place profit motive ahead of any real desire to help people. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

But you defend illegals sucking off the system.

Never defended that...you’re really flailing...put down the phone and go play golf.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Never defended that.

Ya ok.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I agree

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Defending what....wanting to know the facts?   Fuck can you not think rationally?

You ever raise prices?   Even just to increase margin?  

Of course its only evil when others do it.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

All that one needs to do is look at the facts with an honest approach. The drug companies place profit motive ahead of any real desire to help people. 

When we place profit before the health of humanity and our ability to afford it, we are heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I agree

Defending what....wanting to know the facts?   Fuck can you not think rationally?

You always defend this shit Highmark...GFY.

Obamacare was extreme corporate welfare 

Come on dude, give your head a shake, the prices of certain drugs can be 10 - 70k per month, that's pure insanity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ah yes.....afraid to answer.  :lol:   GFY as well.  :lol:  

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He’s always on that side of the highway. Must be that good night vision 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Come on dude, give your head a shake, the prices of certain drugs can be 10 - 70k per month, that's pure insanity.

Absolutely and as I've said before I support cost controls that make us pay no more than other countries.

However I've been running a business for a long time and while there have been cases of crazy, unjustified increases in price on drugs I look at everything on its merits not just assumptions.  

Hell the higher the profits the higher the tax revenue.   Figured you guys would fucking love that.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Walmart sells human insulin for $25 a vial.