Capitalism.

• Platinum Contributing Member

That is fucked up and for those bitching about  Obamacare at least it allows diabetics to buy insurance. The rest is just more greed with people's lives hanging in the balance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The govt. can bail out the greedy Wall Street scum but struggles miserably when it comes to making life saving medicine affordable.......disgusting.

You’ve made a handful of good posts lately.....now if you only had the balls to walk away fro the Repugs.....

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’ve made a handful of good posts lately.....now if you only had the balls to walk away fro the Repugs.....

Now if only you had the brains to stop being a complete partisan idiot hack.........this is for you.

image.png.4dd15b92f32fea0e07575b4f15bf059e.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The govt. can bail out the greedy Wall Street scum but struggles miserably when it comes to making life saving medicine affordable.......disgusting.

Obamacare did just that.....

Edited by Snoslinger

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is fucked up and for those bitching about  Obamacare at least it allows diabetics to buy insurance. The rest is just more greed with people's lives hanging in the balance.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Obamacare did just that.....

Yep.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Yeah right, I'm sure there's tons of diabetic Republicans who are just giddy about the article above.

So what happened to capitalism? Gov staying out of corporate business? Drug companies needing this money so they can afford to make new product?

Just now, washedupmxer said:

lol no it didnt 

It allowed those with pre existing conditions such as diabetes to buy insurance thereby making insulin more affordable for them.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It allowed those with pre existing conditions such as diabetes to buy insurance thereby making insulin more affordable for them.

Isn't the problem you are paying far too much for insulin compared to other countries.  Most Canadians do not have scripts covered by insurance.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Isn't the problem you are paying far too much for insulin compared to other countries.  Most Canadians do not have scripts covered by insurance.

That is a major problem but diabetics were also denied insurance because of a pre existing condition buy yeah because of some  complicated and arcane pricing structure Americans are getting bent over dry. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is a major problem but diabetics were also denied insurance because of a pre existing condition buy yeah because of some  complicated and arcane pricing structure Americans are getting bent over dry. 

I think it would be the same here with pre existing conditions and private insurance.  Would need to go to group insurance.  Scripts aren't part of our universal healthcare.  You guys are getting hosed on the costs.

Now dig into it a little bit and do some research and you will see the article is seriously flawed. MY wife is diabetic. With ins she pays $32 a month. When she was between jobs and didn't have ins she qualified for pharma assistance and paid $52 a month.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I think it would be the same here with pre existing conditions and private insurance.  Would need to go to group insurance.  Scripts aren't part of our universal healthcare.  You guys are getting hosed on the costs.

I didn't realize just how bad it is until I read that article....it's really unconscionable.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Now dig into it a little bit and do some research and you will see the article is seriously flawed. MY wife is diabetic. With ins she pays $32 a month. When she was between jobs and didn't have ins she qualified for pharma assistance and paid $52 a month.

I can buy a vial of N Insulin at Walmart for my dog and it's 26 dollars but as the article stated it's not the best stuff. I don't know all the ins and outs but there must be a reason groups are traveling to Mexico to stock up on affordable insulin that works.