Another trump tweet following the 737 crash.

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Just wait till all the accidents happen with driver assist bull shit

I like some of those...especially the speed detection when youre in cruise.

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I like some of those...especially the speed detection when youre in cruise.

I was driving a new expedition this weekend, and it did not have that, surprisingly. I rode up on a ton of cars on the highway, expecting it to back off , as I’m used to the wife’s car doing it:lol:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I was driving a new expedition this weekend, and it did not have that, surprisingly. I rode up on a ton of cars on the highway, expecting it to back off , as I’m used to the wife’s car doing it:lol:

Its a handy option no doubt...especially when towing.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Dave hasn't owned a vehicle without adaptive cruise control in over a decade.  He would probably crash if he had to pilot such a beast.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You’re an idiot. Plain and simple. 

oh ok so when you say 

Given the sophistication of flight systems, it’s getting more difficult to pin it on pilot error. But they will try it is brilliance 

it when Trump says the shit is becoming to complacated it is a  idiots post .

and when I bring it to you attention I am a idiot ok got it 

now get back to working on fighting for first place for cunt of the week on FS . 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

So using that same logic.......

you need to be a rocket scientist to drive a new tractor? Not repair, drive 

pilots are supposed to fly planes, and they do. That doesn’t mean they have to know how to fix controls, sensors, software programs, etc. that makes flying safer 

who said anything about rocket science?  It's a complicated nightmare and if you can't fix it, yeah you're gonna sit there till someone does.

And what happens when such controls, sensors, software programs fault the flight of the plane, and there sits the pilot who can't control it because in reality, the technology won't allow him/her to have physical control?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

So using that same logic.......

you need to be a rocket scientist to drive a new tractor? Not repair, drive 

pilots are supposed to fly planes, and they do. That doesn’t mean they have to know how to fix controls, sensors, software programs, etc. that makes flying safer 

it the fact is there is no point in having a pilot  in the cockpit if he has no  abilty to over ride automatic  systems and fly the jet when shit goes bad 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it the fact is there is no point in having a pilot  in the cockpit if he has no  abilty to over ride automatic  systems and fly the jet when shit goes bad 

They ran that simulation for years after that DC10 crash and no one was able to get near a landing and yet 4 people in the cockpit got 150 people on the ground alive. And the female pilot who landed the bad actuator on a 737 did something that no one else thought of which was roll the plane rather than fight the rudder which is why everyone else crashed when it happened before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

oh ok so when you say 

Given the sophistication of flight systems, it’s getting more difficult to pin it on pilot error. But they will try it is brilliance 

it when Trump says the shit is becoming to complacated it is a  idiots post .

and when I bring it to you attention I am a idiot ok got it 

now get back to working on fighting for first place for cunt of the week on FS . 

What trump tweeted simply cries out and resonates to the morons. 

18 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The airlines get mad at the pilots when they take the plane out of autopilot as the computer is calculating the most fuel efficient way to fly it's route in a way a pilot would be unable to. But yea when shit goes sideways i want a Sully in the cockpit. 

Ever hear that in simulations most pilots were able to return to the airport rather than ditch in the Hudson?

Not sure if they are warned ahead of time what issue they will face or not. 

56 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Ever hear that in simulations most pilots were able to return to the airport rather than ditch in the Hudson?

yes they tried to blame sully using that for proof and it was pretty much blown out of the water as it had been specifically practiced many times before they actually ran it "for real"  

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

It took 17 tries for the one success they got but that was with full warning of the sinerio. Plus the failures we're crashes in populated areas.