2020 Poo 850 137 is a monster!

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Cat really has been trying with the 2012-2013 and the 2018-2019 800 mapping debacle.  No wonder they are phasing out of sled sales :snack: 

Mapping isn’t spot on but they run. Polaris hasn’t been able to keep a 700+cc engine together since 04 ish 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Mapping isn’t spot on but they run. Polaris hasn’t been able to keep a 700+cc engine together since 04 ish 

I bet they are number 1 in sales next year. Utility sleds give doo that spot for now. :snack:

• Haha 1

Cat has re-engineered the 800 a bit. They moved the location of the injectors. May be good for a little more goose. They seem to hold up well but they have been behind the other 2 in terms of performance for years now and even more so with not having anything to compete with the 850's. Those are just the facts. 

The 880 was a rumor but really that is what they need if they want to stay relevant. The procross is on its 9th year. What incentive is there to buy a new one when you can just buy the same sled that is a couple years old for way less coin? Its still a good sled but that isnt helping new sled sales. 

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I bet they are number 1 in sales next year. Utility sleds give doo that spot for now. :snack:

I dont know how much better snowmobile chassis can get that the current Axys. Its strong and light and has the best ergos in the biz. Fucking skidoo is still charging their customers for an LED headlight and their "new" gauge is no more tech than the alarm clock i had in high school. 

And R motion? yeah its good but really look at the rear suspensions in Polaris and Cat and tell me the difference between them and R motion. Not much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

At least 1 new chassis from the 4 mfg's next year.  

Yamaha? We heard they are coming out with a new carbon fibre mountain sled. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat has re-engineered the 800 a bit. They moved the location of the injectors. May be good for a little more goose. They seem to hold up well but they have been behind the other 2 in terms of performance for years now and even more so with not having anything to compete with the 850's. Those are just the facts. 

The 880 was a rumor but really that is what they need if they want to stay relevant. The procross is on its 9th year. What incentive is there to buy a new one when you can just buy the same sled that is a couple years old for way less coin? Its still a good sled but that isnt helping new sled sales. 

It has an entire new top end. Gonna have the same hp as the 850’s 

ski doos current chassis really came out in 08. They’ve added braces here and there and did some suspension changes and just called it a new chassis 

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

It has an entire new top end. Gonna have the same hp as the 850’s 

ski doos current chassis really came out in 08. They’ve added braces here and there and did some suspension changes and just called it a new chassis 

We talked with a Cat dealer in Wisconsin. They relocated the injectors. Thats your new 800. He had a 2020 Riot on the lot. Vince has a picture of it. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

We talked with a Cat dealer in Wisconsin. They relocated the injectors. Thats your new 800. He had a 2020 Riot on the lot. Vince has a picture of it. 

The cylinders, heads, pistons, all different 

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is the first year up north in a LONG time that I thought I was seeing as many Cat's as Doo's and Poo's.  I'm sure it had to do with Cat dumping old inventory at huge discounts but it was very noticeable.   

The cylinders, heads, pistons, all different 

That's what Country Cat sent to me as well.

I have no doubts Cat can make a 165 HP 800.   Doo has been close for years.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Spank bank material? :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, Highmark said:

This is the first year up north in a LONG time that I thought I was seeing as many Cat's as Doo's and Poo's.  I'm sure it had to do with Cat dumping old inventory at huge discounts but it was very noticeable.   

We noticed it too, lots of cats on the trails. And I think you are right. Right now they are probably the best value for a newer sled. Also why dealers dont want to take trades. Too much old inventory laying around. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Spank bank material? :lmao:

Its a nice looking sled I have to admit. That faggot Vince should have asked the dealer if he could ride it... :news: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That's what Country Cat sent to me as well.

I have no doubts Cat can make a 165 HP 800.   Doo has been close for years.  :lol:  

That’s why the doo 850 is such a fail 

I don't trust pre production prototypes or units.   Many in the past have seemed to run better than their production counterparts.     

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't trust pre production prototypes or units.   Many in the past have seemed to run better than their production counterparts.     

800 etec was that way. The 2010.5  dynod 160+ then after that they could barely squeak 155 

Oh I agree.   I've ran against 3 Doo 850's and none could take my 14 800.   

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

The doo 850 will still be the best 850 even if it doesnt have the most hp. It has the best tech and efficiency and is just as or more durable. 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

800 etec was that way. The 2010.5  dynod 160+ then after that they could barely squeak 155 

Not according to Dynotech.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Hot tune on the prototypes and then scale it back for production to limit warranty claims. 

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Oh I agree.   I've ran against 3 Doo 850's and none could take my 14 800.   

Polaris nailed the 850 more better. Cat 800 and poo 850 are going to lay a gape on the doo 850

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

At what end of the day does 5 HP matter as long as the fucker stays together?

Cat dealers are saying 10 more real hp over their old 800