2020 Poo 850 137 is a monster!

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Only gripe I had with indy is the shocks are soft in the rear. Fronts were fine even if they were revalved for this year it would make a difference in the 137 but if they are the same I dunno. :dunno:

See mine was stiff, even with my fat ass on it I could only have the torsions on 1. I put the softer springs on and cranked up the compression on the rear shock and it's fucking magical now. 

Snowtrax reviewed it as well. Say the 137 rear might be R motion good. The reason the Polaris is fast is the drive line. Short chain, brake on the jack shaft, and better clutches then doo

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Snowtrax reviewed it as well. Say the 137 rear might be R motion good. The reason the Polaris is fast is the drive line. Short chain, brake on the jack shaft, and better clutches then doo

I thought the new Doo clutch is supposed to be the shit? :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

See mine was stiff, even with my fat ass on it I could only have the torsions on 1. I put the softer springs on and cranked up the compression on the rear shock and it's fucking magical now. 

I had to crank mine to high it was so soft and shocks 3 clicks off hard. My 350lbs buddy need to get the extra heavy duty springs for his. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

It’s better than the tra but the Polaris clutches just work

It's pretty good right out of the box. It can always be made better tho. 

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Will you look at the 850 Polaris now? 

I would but I wont spend 13k+ for one. Both the g4 and axys are outstanding chassis. The 850 etec is a great motor and I'm sure the 850 patriot will be too 

• Like 1

Just now, Reevester said:

Yeah they are butter smooth and also run cool. 2900 miles on my belt. :snack:

3223 on mine and it still looks good. We were running the twisties pretty hard and I thought I smelled some rubber so when we stopped I checked and clutches were warm but not hot. Same with belt. I was pretty impressed. Ran that thing pinned on a grade for some long runs, I'm like if this is gonna blow up it's gonna go now. :lol:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I would but I wont spend 13k+ for one. Both the g4 and axys are outstanding chassis. The 850 etec is a great motor and I'm sure the 850 patriot will be too 

Etecs are great engines, probably the best offered from any manufacturer right now. I do miss the fuel economy of my etec. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

3223 on mine and it still looks good. We were running the twisties pretty hard and I thought I smelled some rubber so when we stopped I checked and clutches were warm but not hot. Same with belt. I was pretty impressed. Ran that thing pinned on a grade for some long runs, I'm like if this is gonna blow up it's gonna go now. :lol:

The poor guy who buys this one if the dealer doesn't throw him a new one. Because fucked if I'm giving the spare away. :lol:

Just now, Anler said:

Etecs are great engines, probably the best offered from any manufacturer right now. I do miss the fuel economy of my etec. 

I would get 13-14 riding it hard. That's pretty good.

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

i was going to say the 144's were too stiff even with my fat ass on woolies it was too stiff

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i was going to say the 144's were too stiff even with my fat ass on woolies it was too stiff

The springs are stiff. I guess for back country riding they are better. But riding those buttery smooth trails the softer springs are the shit.