So who’s buying Boeing stock?

Looked at it this morning...I was unexcited about it.  If the plane flew from a non-shithole country and had more people of value...the stock would be a better opportunity.  Whew...this statement just upset a lot of people here.  Facts can do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

:lol: 

The stock sold for 145/share 4 years ago, and is still around 400/share with a solid dividend, or about 275%.   Not sure what is so funny to you abound t that. The stock is under review by most analysts until the impact of these two recent crashes can be evaluated.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Well you are a joke and have no business commenting on equity ties.

The stock sold for 145/share 4 years ago, and is still around 400/share with a solid dividend, or about 275%.   Not sure what is so funny to you abound t that. The stock is under review by most analysts until the impact of these two recent crashes can be evaluated.

It’s one of few stocks I still carry. I’ve had it since 1997 when I reinvested a 10 year old and vested 401K after leaving the clinic. It’s a blue chip and the company has deep pockets. This is gonna hurt. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Buying opportunity. 

It was.   Up 8% from its day low.  Some people are making money on it.

23 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Im not , Im bettingit will regain 85% of losses within a month.

23 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

22 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s one of few stocks I still carry. I’ve had it since 1997 when I reinvested a 10 year old and vested 401K after leaving the clinic. It’s a blue chip and the company has deep pockets. This is gonna hurt. 

22 hours ago, Highmark said:

It was.   Up 8% from its day low.  Some people are making money on it.

Did you buy yesterday?

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Did you buy yesterday?

Nope.   Made a nice chunk on Amazon though.  

Considering it now with some of the reports I heard this morning.   

Edited by Highmark

I agree with Mitt Romney that the plane should be grounded until some concrete details are available. I also think that Boeing is a strong company and would have zero issue buying their stock on this dip. 

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Did you buy yesterday?

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Nope.   Made a nice chunk on Amazon though.  

Considering it now with some of the reports I heard this morning.   

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I wouldn’t discuss that with you. 

HM ain't skeered.

45 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

HM ain't skeered.

Reports I'm hearing is some countries pilot training is way down compared to the US and the thinking is pilot error for this type of autopilot antistall system.   If the FAA thought this plane was a risk in the US it would be grounded. 

My gut is wait one more day but it damned well could be back up 8-10% tomorrow.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reports I'm hearing is some countries pilot training is way down compared to the US and the thinking is pilot error for this type of autopilot antistall system.   If the FAA thought this plane was a risk in the US it would be grounded. 

My gut is wait one more day but it damned well could be back up 8-10% tomorrow.    

The pilot was trained per Boeing’s memo and the aircraft also had the software patch completed. A lot of rattling noises were heard by those on the ground who lived under the flight path. Apparently the rattling was heard as the plane was trying to turn. It then went tail up and crashed. Highly doubtful this was pilot error. This airline also has a stellar safety record. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The pilot was trained per Boeing’s memo and the aircraft also had the software patch completed. A lot of rattling noises were heard by those on the ground who lived under the flight path. Apparently the rattling was heard as the plane was trying to turn. It then went tail up and crashed. Highly doubtful this was pilot error. This airline also has a stellar safety record. 

Rattling can be heard over jet engines?   Not sure I'm buying that testimony.

Its a wait and see for sure.