When will electric vehicles begin to outsell internal combustion vehicles?

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Why does the uneducated alt left think the more intelligent people hate electric vehicles lol

electric has many benefits. But the battery tech just isn’t there yet. 

300+ miles of range and able to charge at 75 miles in 5 minutes seems pretty close to being there already.  For people like myself, being able to charge in my garage overnight is all I need.  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tow what?  A kayak?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I would imagine putting it on the roof of his truck would be quite stressful.

Tweedle dee and tweedle dumber. 

8 minutes ago, Doorider said:

300+ miles of range and able to charge at 75 miles in 5 minutes seems pretty close to being there already.  For people like myself, being able to charge in my garage overnight is all I need.  

Whether it fits your scenario or not people do have “range anxiety” about electric cars and it is effecting the sales. Bump that up to 5 or 600 miles and you’ve removed the biggest barrier IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Whether it fits your scenario or not people do have “range anxiety” about electric cars and it is effecting the sales. Bump that up to 5 or 600 miles and you’ve removed the biggest barrier IMO.

That or more charging stations. If you have a range of 300. Drive 200 and fast charge for 75 during a coffee and piss break. Then get another 150 mile charge during a lunch stop, you have decent range. One more piss and coffee stop and you’ve got 600 miles in a day. 

Kind of unusual to do more. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That or more charging stations. If you have a range of 300. Drive 200 and fast charge for 75 during a coffee and piss break. Then get another 150 mile charge during a lunch stop, you have decent range. One more piss and coffee stop and you’ve got 600 miles in a day. 

But its still a pain in the ass. I could see buying one for the wife where she works 12 miles from home. It would need more range in a heavy duty pickup for me.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I never buy new. 

i've actually been perusing used Tesla prices.  I can't see having 2 EV's in a household but certainly the majority of us could get away with 1 with next to no inconvenience.  

38 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You pee like chick, what a surprise.

Most people don't drive 300 miles a day.  I see it a pain for people in apartments or in the city, but if you have a garage at home, range will not be an issue.  Like your cell phone, plug in at night, good to go in the morning.  If I had to always go to a charging station I wouldn't consider one. 

7 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Shitforbrains not a toilet you gullible shitforbrains Liar :finger2: 

Can you still suck start Electric motors/vehicles?  

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

You're the expect you Sodomizing FUCK you tell us :hay:  Faggot

Do have a lazy eye hidden behind your transitions glasses?   :lmao: 

Did you mean to say you ‘expect’ to suck start Electric vehicles? 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Do have a lazy eye hidden behind your transitions glasses?   :lmao: 

Did you mean to say you ‘expect’ to suck start Electric vehicles? 

I expected you not to be the biggest faggot and the dumbest FUCK on the planet but my expectations were disappointed cuz you are both a Sodomite and a complete shitforbrains :fuckoff: 

22 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Batteries require a huge amount of natural resources.  Power production isn’t an issue.  Plenty of electricity out there.

yep nat gas plants are every place . so why not just make more nat gas cars 

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Waiting for a plug in hybrid pickup Or an electric that can tow. 

They should have done that first. 

Who cares if your truck sucks gas when it’s loaded or towing. But if you could go full electric for 60-100 milles empty, there would be huge fuel savings. 

Or just do what I did.  Keep the truck for truck duties.  Buy a lightly used commuter car that gets 3.5x the mpg and save 300-400 a month in fuel costs...

1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

Or just do what I did.  Keep the truck for truck duties.  Buy a lightly used commuter car that gets 3.5x the mpg and save 300-400 a month in fuel costs...

I don't commute far for work, I bike in the summer if I won't need my truck that day. 

It's not worth insurance costs of having another vehicle on the road. 

Plug in hybrid truck will be the way to go for a lot of people.