When will electric vehicles begin to outsell internal combustion vehicles?

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Anler said:

I think 10 years is pretty premature. And who knows if battery power is going to be the tech that is used in 10 years. As antiquated as internal combustion engines are so is battery power. 

Diesel electric like trains ?

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Does that make you feel better about yourself when you can assign someone a position and then ridicule them for it? Most of your posts are like this. Very defensive. Almost like you’re trying to compensate for something. I wonder what that is? :news: 

He’s spot the fuck on you fucking dummy 

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Does that make you feel better about yourself when you can assign someone a position and then ridicule them for it? Most of your posts are like this. Very defensive. Almost like you’re trying to compensate for something. I wonder what that is? :news: 

Electric cars are the future, man made climate change is real and not a hoax.

do you agree with those two statements?

30 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The people that rail against electric are the same type of person that thought the car would never replace the horse and buggy. 

They also think Trump is a good President and big money is behind a climate change hoax

You two bozos don't own one yet.  Shocking.

5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Lithium/sulphur and solid state is almost here. Cobalt replaced with a molybdenum lattice structure. Two to three time more energy dense. Lithium ion will be history in <4-5 years. Cars will see 500-750 miles between charges. Clean. No oil or gas. No filters. Fuck gas. All the car makers see the future. 

This wins the: Best in topic post.

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Electric cars are the future, man made climate change is real and not a hoax.

do you agree with those two statements?

Love to have a model S. 

Seems to be getting warmer. Our planet was also warm in the past. Not sold on the man made part. I think some are stretching the truth to get the results they want, and coming up with wild projections that aren’t based in reality. And that is hurting what credibility they might have had.

Are you going to answer my question? What are you compensating for? :dunno: 

Define vehicles?   

As of right now there really hasn't been significant acceleration of EV's gaining market share.   I think its some time off before they are greater than 50% of the market.

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

The people that rail against electric are the same type of person that thought the car would never replace the horse and buggy. 

They also think Trump is a good President and big money is behind a climate change hoax

What EV do you own?

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Lithium/sulphur and solid state is almost here. Cobalt replaced with a molybdenum lattice structure. Two to three time more energy dense. Lithium ion will be history in <4-5 years. Cars will see 500-750 miles between charges. Clean. No oil or gas. No filters. Fuck gas. All the car makers see the future. 

Even if that’s true you still won’t buy one 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

:goodpost:

40 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

What EV do you own?

Waiting for a plug in hybrid pickup Or an electric that can tow. 

They should have done that first. 

Who cares if your truck sucks gas when it’s loaded or towing. But if you could go full electric for 60-100 milles empty, there would be huge fuel savings. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Waiting for a plug in hybrid pickup Or an electric that can tow. 

They should have done that first. 

Who cares if your truck sucks gas when it’s loaded or towing. But if you could go full electric for 60-100 milles empty, there would be huge fuel savings. 

I’m not convinced you know how to calculate savings tbh 

14 hours ago, Anler said:

I think 10 years is pretty premature. And who knows if battery power is going to be the tech that is used in 10 years. As antiquated as internal combustion engines are so is battery power. 

There was a big push for hydrogen  fuel cells at one time seems a better option than charging batteries :dunno: 

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

A couple of guys working at MIT have the best plan I have seen yet for future battery tech.....slow discharge capacitors. Unlike batteries they are made mostly of aluminum, carbon and non heavy metals. Plus because they store energy in a different way they can be charged much much faster than a battery.

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

He’s spot the fuck on you fucking dummy 

Yah cuz you homosexuals were around in the horse and buggy days and know the first fucking thing about anything :finger3: 

6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

There was a big push for hydrogen  fuel cells at one time seems a better option than charging batteries :dunno: 

Hydrogen is just to complicated for automotive use. The best use would be for storage of wind and solar power.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

A couple of guys working at MIT have the best plan I have seen yet for future battery tech.....slow discharge capacitors. Unlike batteries they are made mostly of aluminum, carbon and non heavy metals. Plus because they store energy in a different way they can be charged much much faster than a battery.

That’s the hurdles they need to jump. Energy storage and rate of energy transfer 

The extra yearly tax/fees the government will need to charge to replace the state and federal gas taxes for road construction/repairs will be extremely high as it is now the roads are paid for by gasoline taxes which if cars/trucks were electric they wouldn't collect the monies needed.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

The extra yearly tax/fees the government will need to charge to replace the state and federal gas taxes for road construction/repairs will be extremely high as it is now the roads are paid for by gasoline taxes which if cars/trucks were electric they wouldn't collect the monies needed.

Oh they are just chomping at the bit to go to a milage tax don't you worry they will get their pound of flesh out of us.

In my area, I can't drive anywhere without passing multiple Teslas.  I'm contemplating shopping for a used 75D here soon.  Wife and I put about 400 miles a week on my BMW,  but never drive it on road trips.  A car I can plug in at night and be fast as shit would be great.