Crisis? Emergency?

• Platinum Contributing Member

If what is going on at the border isn't a crisis or emergency now then what exactly is?

Over 600,000 entering into the country illegally per year now.

Enough Fentanyl confiscated alone to kill almost 400 million American's.

70,000 OD deaths from opioids per year of which most comes thru the southern border.

Human trafficking.

Sexual assaults on both sides of the border.

The list goes on and on.  

Definition of emergency

1: an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action
2: an urgent need for assistance or reliefthe mayor declared a state of emergency after the flood
cri·sis

Dictionary result for crisis

/ˈkrīsis/
noun

1. a time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger.
    "the current economic crisis"
    synonyms: catastrophe, calamity, cataclysm, emergency, disaster; More

• a time when a difficult or important decision must be made.
      "a crisis point of history"
      synonyms: critical point, decisive point, turning point, crossroads, critical period, crux, climax, climacteric, culmination, height, head, moment of truth, zero hour, point of no return, Rubicon; 
      informalcrunch
      "events across the North Sea were building to a crisis"

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

A barrier will not fix this.

Neal

Just now, Wildboer said:

The fentanyl argument is stupid. A wall isn't going to help the war on drugs.

Fix no.   Help yes.  

Barrier's have been proven to work all over the world.....including the US.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Fix no.   Help yes.  

A wall on our southern border would serve only to shift where the Fentanyl comes in. More will come through Canada and directly from China to the US. The answer to the drug problem is to decrease demand, because you will never put a stop to the supply.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Fix no.   Help yes.  

I guess minus the fact that 90% of the drugs come in through legal points of entry, and if you put in monitoring systems, and man power to stop the people going under or over the barrier,  you no longer need a barrier because you have the monitoring in place, and the man power to stop them.

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If what is going on at the border isn't a crisis or emergency now then what exactly is?

Over 600,000 entering into the country illegally per year now.

Enough Fentanyl confiscated alone to kill almost 400 million American's.

70,000 OD deaths from opioids per year of which most comes thru the southern border.

Human trafficking.

Sexual assaults on both sides of the border.

The list goes on and on.  

Definition of emergency

1: an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action
2: an urgent need for assistance or reliefthe mayor declared a state of emergency after the flood
cri·sis

Dictionary result for crisis

/ˈkrīsis/
noun

1. a time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger.
    "the current economic crisis"
    synonyms: catastrophe, calamity, cataclysm, emergency, disaster; More

• a time when a difficult or important decision must be made.
      "a crisis point of history"
      synonyms: critical point, decisive point, turning point, crossroads, critical period, crux, climax, climacteric, culmination, height, head, moment of truth, zero hour, point of no return, Rubicon; 
      informalcrunch
      "events across the North Sea were building to a crisis"

It most certainly qualifies....and will in court.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s all a Trump smokescreen. 

You are.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I guess minus the fact that 90% of the drugs come in through legal points of entry, and if you put in monitoring systems, and man power to stop the people going under or over the barrier,  you no longer need a barrier because you have the monitoring in place, and the man power to stop them.

Enforcement at legal points of entry must be increased.   There is no way of knowing what gets thru where.  When its not caught how do we know?

Don't get me wrong some addict offing themselves on heroin/fent coming across the border doesn't bother me in the slightest.   Its the kids who are affected that have nothing to do with it that concerns me.  

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s all a Trump smokescreen. 

Question.   What would you define as a crisis or emergency at the border?

Question.   What was your change in tune on illegal immigration.   You use to be almost directly inline with my positions?

Edited by Highmark

The whole drug talking point is dumb.  If you can solve a situation just by saying the word "no" -- it's not an emergency or a crisis.  I bet the Flintonians wish they could've solved their lead water problem just by saying "no".  Families aren't just sitting around watching This is Us and drugs bust in through the door and slaughter everyone. 

5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

The whole drug talking point is dumb.  If you can solve a situation just by saying the word "no" -- it's not an emergency or a crisis.  I bet the Flintonians wish they could've solved their lead water problem just by saying "no".  Families aren't just sitting around watching This is Us and drugs bust in through the door and slaughter everyone. 

:lol:

33 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

A wall on our southern border would serve only to shift where the Fentanyl comes in. More will come through Canada and directly from China to the US. The answer to the drug problem is to decrease demand, because you will never put a stop to the supply.

Ummmm...

Youre a druggy....all starts with you.

16 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Youre almost as retarded as slinger...

Almost.

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Enforcement at legal points of entry must be increased.   There is no way of knowing what gets thru where.  When its not caught how do we know?

Don't get me wrong some addict offing themselves on heroin/fent coming across the border doesn't bother me in the slightest.   Its the kids who are affected that have nothing to do with it that concerns me.  

Question.   What would you define as a crisis or emergency at the border?

Question.   What was your change in tune on illegal immigration.   You use to be almost directly inline with my positions?

You need electronic monitoring and man power  along  the whole border, if you don't have that you don't know who is going under over the barrier, if you have the monitoring and man power you don't need any more barrier.

54 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Fix no.   Help yes.  

The amount of help it will afford is negligible.  

The wall being the main issue for Trump, and Trumpsters just goes to show the disconnect from reality in dealing with immigration and drugs.

Neal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I take that as far more of a compliment than “smart as Dave”.  

As long as you are a libertarian....youll never be smart.

:bc:

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The wall being the main issue for Trump, and Trumpsters just goes to show the disconnect from reality in dealing with immigration and drugs.

Neal

:lol:

Just let em all in eh country boy!

11 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

You need cheap farm labor don't you?  :lol:  

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

Last I checked there were still 90 landowner lawsuits pending from the 2006 border project.  Maybe we get those settled before adding more to the docket.  

That is about value of the land reimbursement.   Won't stop putting up the barrier.    There is an permanent govt easement on the border.   Just like a road.