Yamaha 2020.

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Without question set up is important for the way you want to ride and the conditions you are in.   If I'm out ripping it up with the boys I might make subtle changes like stiffening my front a bit.   If I'm out for a more leisurely ride I go as soft as I can most all the way around.   You should bottom out occasionally on hard hits.   

I think most people never touch anything on their suspension and don't fully benefit from how good the sled can be.  Like I said before I think this is where the Poo and especially the doo shine.   They are pretty damn good ride quality no matter how they are set but handling can be improved with small changes.  

With a 5-6 hour commute to ride, I rarely get a chance to slow down and take the time to get things right. Just last week in Canada at pretty good trail clip, my sled was laying over bad in hard right hand turns. I gave it a couple clicks to stiffen it up some and that helped some but it made the ride shitty. Finally took the time to crank up the left spring which was probably 1/4 inch lower than the right. It was like night and day. Loosened up the dampening and with new carbides its like a new sled. I can swing it into turns and get slight oversteer and leave turns with some slide if wanted instead of pushing through turns and tipping up once it grabbed. Rear is very good even on softest spring setting.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, s pump said:

With a 5-6 hour commute to ride, I rarely get a chance to slow down and take the time to get things right. Just last week in Canada at pretty good trail clip, my sled was laying over bad in hard right hand turns. I gave it a couple clicks to stiffen it up some and that helped some but it made the ride shitty. Finally took the time to crank up the left spring which was probably 1/4 inch lower than the right. It was like night and day. Loosened up the dampening and with new carbides its like a new sled. I can swing it into turns and get slight oversteer and leave turns with some slide if wanted instead of pushing through turns and tipping up once it grabbed. Rear is very good even on softest spring setting.

Like I said if you have a good seat sense about what your sled is doing or not doing it doesn't take but 30 minutes to dial them in.  Nice work.   :bc:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Like I said if you have a good seat sense about what your sled is doing or not doing it doesn't take but 30 minutes to dial them in.  Nice work.   :bc:

Yah, we're usually rolling into camp at 10 pm and getting up to ride by 8:30-9 after copious consumption. Get on the sleds, peel off a 1-400 miles and repeat. Leave Sunday and get home for late dinner. Tuning time is limited. I have a couple more tweaks to do and it should be about right.

Just now, s pump said:

Yah, we're usually rolling into camp at 10 pm and getting up to ride by 8:30-9 after copious consumption. Get on the sleds, peel off a 1-400 miles and repeat. Leave Sunday and get home for late dinner. Tuning time is limited. I have a couple more tweaks to do and it should be about right.

Well the spring settings being equal should have been done at home.  :lol:  

Yup, I didn't really notice it at first and I don't always have them equal. Like a race car, if you weigh the corners, sometimes they are way off. I usually do it by feel and it's usually pretty close to even but this sled was clearly favoring left hand turns. With stock carbides it pushed pretty bad so it didn't show until the trails hardened up like in Canada in the AM. With 6" shapers, it's almost a trail weapon. Easily 20% improvement getting it right. I just rode it and didn't really care because I don't really want to trail ride but after our ride in Canada, I needed to get it right.

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

No.  It is. :lol:

All kinds of fuckery going on.  It’s hilariously sad.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Really....I wonder what the true failure rate really is...not the HCS numbers.

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Good luck finding those numbers.  

So lots of fuckery going on with the 850 poo zam has insider info but his source, hcs general forum, trolled by krom "good luck getting the findings"  sounds legit!!

Edited by Kev144
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, s pump said:

I agree the R motion rides best but feel the 48mm rear of the cats suspension is a better suspension when pushing hard. Feels like a well set up MX bike. Strokes through the range and never gets loose. Just my opinion. Most people will choose smooth ride versus hammering ability.

There's a reason I ride what I ride and set my sleds up like I do.  Few get on my sleds and like the feel.  It's also the reason why I don't like 150 mile days either.  

Just now, Kev144 said:

So lots of fuckery going on with the 850 poo zam has insider info but his source, hcs general forum, trolled by krom "good luck getting the findings"  sounds legit!!

It's legit.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nothing is that legit you faggot!  :lmao: 

Well...this might be tho......  :lol: 

NICE WORK POO!!!!  

So how long is your average ride?  Seems you do maybe 20 miles by yourself (no friends I assume) and mostly take varying angles of shots of your ill handling race sled.  You're the 16 year old girl of the sledding world :owned: to the maximum!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There's a reason I ride what I ride and set my sleds up like I do.  Few get on my sleds and like the feel.  It's also the reason why I don't like 150 mile days either.  

Lately that has been what I end up doing in a day, and its enough for me.

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

So how long is your average ride?  Seems you do maybe 20 miles by yourself (no friends I assume) and mostly take varying angles of shots of your ill handling race sled.  You're the 16 year old girl of the sledding world :owned: to the maximum!!!!!!

How long?  I don't know.  My 38 mile run works well for me.  But, I can do 5 or 10, 100 or anywhere in between...three times a day sometimes.  I ride from my driveway to some great powerline whoops or to some of the best trail systems in the world.  I typically ride with an ex racer buddy of mine when we go.  But, have others too...they just don't ride like we do.  I like pics with sleds in them.  I can get winter scenery on google.

If you or anybody else thinks sitting on a seat and holding a flipper for thousands of miles makes you "hardcore" well.....how many accessories can your sled run at once?  :lol2:Know what makes me laugh the hardest?  Sledding "trips" where a group photo is taken with full gear on and no sleds in it.  :lol: Show some of yours.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lately that has been what I end up doing in a day, and its enough for me.

I bet I haven't done a 150 miler in three years.  :lol: I think I did a 120 last year...and hated the last 30-40 home.  Hated my sled too!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How long?  I don't know.  My 38 mile run works well for me.  But, I can do 5 or 10, 100 or anywhere in between...three times a day sometimes.  I ride from my driveway to some great powerline whoops or to some of the best trail systems in the world.  I typically ride with an ex racer buddy of mine when we go.  But, have others too...they just don't ride like we do.  I like pics with sleds in them.  I can get winter scenery on google.

If you or anybody else thinks sitting on a seat and holding a flipper for thousands of miles makes you "hardcore" well.....how many accessories can your sled run at once?  :lol2:Know what makes me laugh the hardest?  Sledding "trips" where a group photo is taken with full gear on and no sleds in it.  :lol: Show some of yours.

So the cliff notes on this are "you were correct Kevin" 

Got it :news: 

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Beauty of buying sleds with good shocks is the quick change ability.   I wouldn't own a personal rider sled without high quality shocks that are quick and easy to adjust.   Literally 30 seconds you can make significant changes.    

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

At least he rides.  It's so much better to be on a sled forum and not own a sled or makeup excuses for not riding. 

Just now, Kev144 said:

If you want to be.  I invite your type up for rides sometimes.  Same shit talkers that "have something wrong with their sled" as soon as we get going.  :lol: 

''''but I did 4000 miles last year!!!" 

LOL!

Related image

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Beauty of buying sleds with good shocks is the quick change ability.   I wouldn't own a personal rider sled without high quality shocks that are quick and easy to adjust.   Literally 30 seconds you can make significant changes.    

What shocks do you use?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

At least he rides.  It's so much better to be on a sled forum and not own a sled or makeup excuses for not riding. 

I'll give him that.  There are alot of memebers here who don't ride just to argue and that's even more sad 

Just now, Highmark said:

Yeah....nice shocks give me wood!!!!!!  However, I'm not a real big "change on the fly" type.  I ride what I dialed last time which, is real close to perfect anyway.  Conditions always vary just enough from me to warrant a change in settings but, just easier to work with the closest set up I can get for all conditions.  Hell, with all this snow I've gradually increase my setting to about as stiff as I can remember in years!!  Lovin' it!

I mean...BONERLICIOUS right here!  Best rears I've has since my Elkas on my Rev.

Fox rear 2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....nice shocks give me wood!!!!!!  However, I'm not a real big "change on the fly" type.  I ride what I dialed last time which, is real close to perfect anyway.  Conditions always vary just enough from me to warrant a change in settings but, just easier to work with the closest set up I can get for all conditions.  Hell, with all this snow I've gradually increase my setting to about as stiff as I can remember in years!!  Lovin' it!

I mean...BONERLICIOUS right here!  Best rears I've has since my Elkas on my Rev.

Fox rear 2.jpg

The qs3 or what ever on the cat is a real nice setup.   Works well.  

Just now, Kev144 said:

I wasn't a fan of that decision..at first.  I don't like limited adjustability.  BUT...from what I've been hearing, Cat dialed those in damn nicely.  Even some of the hardcore suspension freaks on HCS seem to like them.  And these were people that joined me in our initial HATRED for this idea.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I wasn't a fan of that decision..at first.  I don't like limited adjustability.  BUT...from what I've been hearing, Cat dialed those in damn nicely.  Even some of the hardcore suspension freaks on HCS seem to like them.  And these were people that joined me in our initial HATRED for this idea.  :lol: 

It's great.  Lot of people get shocks with 16+ clicks and set and forget.  The 3 options on qs3 is great. It does work well. 

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I bet they would.  I put Elka Stage 3's on mine (front) and made a world of difference from the fox air shocks.