Yamaha 2020.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Some fucking engineering school dropout took up the meth pipe and autocad at the same time and shit out the procross. It's a fucking abysmal failure of ergonomics

Winningest chassis ever built tho. 

Just a stab here but, it may just be you. :dunno:

:lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well you weigh about 86 pounds so not real hard on the chassis

Jim and I were discussing that very same topic the other day and came to the identical conclusion for both of us , hilarious that you bring that up :lol:  :bc:

5 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

The whole steering post broke off of her sled for fatigue I'm guessing. Her husband decided to tear his Yammy apart after this happened to her sled . This what he foundNo photo description available.No photo description available.

This was a recall item in 2014(?). Cat/Yammi replaces with a HD steering post bracket.  The HD brackets went into all 2015 models afterwards...I think it was all models anyway.  

I just called them and they sent me the new bracket and I put it in myself.  Mine was good...still got it somewhere.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, irv said:

I'll have to tell my buddy to check his. He just purchased his first ever (used) Yamaha Viper this year and so far said he really likes it, especially the engine.

That is disappointing to hear. I really like the looks of the SRX and being as I am strictly a trail rider, I thought it might be a great sled for me? Leaning towards Doo and the R-Motion anyways but I would still love to try one.

As far as new Yammies go, my guess, and it's only a guess, is they will release something in the 2 stroke variety this year? They have a European 600 2 stroke already (The Transporter) so, in my opinion, if they are not going to come out with something entirely new/non Catish, then they will throw this at us?  https://sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=10908&request_locale=en

That has the cat ctec engine in it. 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

My buddy has an ltx se it rides better than the SRX with the big dollar shocks only issue is it bottoms on the big bumps.

It has the big dollar shocks. I talked to the Lesters for an hour at the Novi snow show. They said it was the best riding/handling sidewinder yet. I was expected to ride it. To say I was disappointed is sn understatement. 

the ride quality is half the problem. The Sidewinders have other issues that are showing there face three years in. such as these still have chanecase issues. Site glasses are going into the case and blowing them apart. Reverse shift forks are breaking and taking cases out. Clutchs are breaking where the pin goes through the tower to hold the weight in. My two buddys turbos locked up and many others report the same issues. My other buddies ltxle skid frame is rusting out terribly with paint missing everwhere. It’s a 2017 wity 1200 miles. 

Poo 850 is the best sled on snow... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

When are you getting one? 

Year after next. I'm going to ride the assault one more season. I really like it. But after that it will have too many miles to keep another year. The 850 poo should be pretty polished by then. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm gonna guess you're correct ....if you get a motor that's put together right.

Well that's what I meant. If you get one that doesn't blow up. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm gonna guess you're correct ....if you get a motor that's put together right.

Seems like that whole thing has settled down some...maybe not the debacle that was predicted early on.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Year after next. I'm going to ride the assault one more season. I really like it. But after that it will have too many miles to keep another year. The 850 poo should be pretty polished by then. 

Yeah it's not like you are riding a turd...yours is a helluva sled. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seems like that whole thing has settled down some...maybe not the debacle that was predicted early on.

No.  It is. :lol:

All kinds of fuckery going on.  It’s hilariously sad.

Just now, Zambroski said:

No.  It is. :lol:

All kinds of fuckery going on.  It’s hilariously sad.

Really....I wonder what the true failure rate really is...not the HCS numbers.

56 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Jim and I were discussing that very same topic the other day and came to the identical conclusion for both of us , hilarious that you bring that up :lol:  :bc:

imagine the stress i put on a sled.  jesus miracle they make it as many miles as they do with just a few broken springs and a couple egged out holes.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Winningest chassis ever built tho. 

Just a stab here but, it may just be you. :dunno:

:lol:

Remind me again how Tucker Hibbert single handedly destroyed the sport of snocross...

24 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Remind me again how Tucker Hibbert single handedly destroyed the sport of snocross...

Had zero to do with his sled. He like Blair Morgan would’ve won on any sled they were on as they were just that much better than the other riders

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Whatcha meen?

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Had zero to do with his sled. He like Blair Morgan would’ve won on any sled they were on as they were just that much better than the other riders

@Zambroski, this is what I meant.

God forgive me for agreeing with Jtssrx lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

@Zambroski, this is what I meant.

God forgive me for agreeing with Jtssrx lol

You are both wrong.  :lol:

It’s rider paired with machine.  Period.  And why does everyone think Cats only claim to racing success is Tucker and SX?

Silly, silly men.   :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

You are both wrong.  :lol:

It’s rider paired with machine.  Period.  And why does everyone think Cats only claim to racing success is Tucker and SX?

Silly, silly men.   :lmao:

90% of fagcross sleds are cats and they win 80% of races!!!!!11

Mindblown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1