Yamaha 2020.

1 hour ago, T1R9sledder said:

The whole steering post broke off of her sled for fatigue I'm guessing. Her husband decided to tear his Yammy apart after this happened to her sled . This what he foundNo photo description available.No photo description available.

Wouldn't that be cat issue ? I thought yammie only supplied the engine 

1 hour ago, T1R9sledder said:

The whole steering post broke off of her sled for fatigue I'm guessing. Her husband decided to tear his Yammy apart after this happened to her sled . This what he foundNo photo description available.No photo description available.

I'll have to tell my buddy to check his. He just purchased his first ever (used) Yamaha Viper this year and so far said he really likes it, especially the engine.

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

It's not close and it's not good. I had the best shock spring combination offered to date on a sidewinder. I road my buddies 2017 LTX LE  and the SRX was much better than that and it still sucked. I've ridden all the same trails between Munising and the Soo this year on both with almost Identical conditions from great to shitty and the SRX doesn't hold a Candle to this XRS gade. I was so bitterly sad about the ride quality of the SRX. The power and look of the SRX are hypnotizing. I wanted the SRX to be a home run. It's not.  

That is disappointing to hear. I really like the looks of the SRX and being as I am strictly a trail rider, I thought it might be a great sled for me? Leaning towards Doo and the R-Motion anyways but I would still love to try one.

As far as new Yammies go, my guess, and it's only a guess, is they will release something in the 2 stroke variety this year? They have a European 600 2 stroke already (The Transporter) so, in my opinion, if they are not going to come out with something entirely new/non Catish, then they will throw this at us?  https://sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=10908&request_locale=en

I have ridden a Yamaha Viper (non turbo). I didnt think it was that bad. Its not a 100mph sled but It moves pretty good 0-70mph then it kinda falls flat. I thought it handled and rode decent. :dunno: 

Isnt that SRX supposed to have some killer shocks? 

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have ridden a Yamaha Viper (non turbo). I didnt think it was that bad. Its not a 100mph sled but It moves pretty good 0-70mph then it kinda falls flat. I thought it handled and rode decent. :dunno: 

It's a LOWERED sled designed primarily for the lake racer crowd . Retard buys one for a big bump trail sled and complains that it rides like shit .  Cat is number 3 in sales because they don't cater to fucking idiots , plain and simple . :bc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

It's a LOWERED sled designed primarily for the lake racer crowd . Retard buys one for a big bump trail sled and complains that it rides like shit .  Cat is number 3 in sales because they don't cater to fucking idiots , plain and simple . :bc:

You sure about that? :lol: :bc:

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

no

Yup....its not what you wanna here my friend. It's the truth though. I'm a life long cat fan but they are a company of fucking morons

Edited by f7ben

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Procross was a good idea that was poorly executed 

Some fucking engineering school dropout took up the meth pipe and autocad at the same time and shit out the procross. It's a fucking abysmal failure of ergonomics

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

How much lower? 1 inch? Woppity fucking Doo!!

:smack:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

I'll have to tell my buddy to check his. He just purchased his first ever (used) Yamaha Viper this year and so far said he really likes it, especially the engine.

That is disappointing to hear. I really like the looks of the SRX and being as I am strictly a trail rider, I thought it might be a great sled for me? Leaning towards Doo and the R-Motion anyways but I would still love to try one.

As far as new Yammies go, my guess, and it's only a guess, is they will release something in the 2 stroke variety this year? They have a European 600 2 stroke already (The Transporter) so, in my opinion, if they are not going to come out with something entirely new/non Catish, then they will throw this at us?  https://sledmagazine.com/actions/page?docId=10908&request_locale=en

My buddy has an ltx se it rides better than the SRX with the big dollar shocks only issue is it bottoms on the big bumps.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

It has the big dollar shocks. I talked to the Lesters for an hour at the Novi snow show. They said it was the best riding/handling sidewinder yet. I was expected to ride it. To say I was disappointed is sn understatement. 

the ride quality is half the problem. The Sidewinders have other issues that are showing there face three years in. such as these still have chanecase issues. Site glasses are going into the case and blowing them apart. Reverse shift forks are breaking and taking cases out. Clutchs are breaking where the pin goes through the tower to hold the weight in. My two buddys turbos locked up and many others report the same issues. My other buddies ltxle skid frame is rusting out terribly with paint missing everwhere. It’s a 2017 wity 1200 miles. 

Guy here wrecked his pro s 800.

Bought a new 19 sidewinder xtx.

12 fucking kms. Motor goes! Said the temp gauge spiked to over 400!!

All oil ended up in base. Dealer was not allowed to touch it. Some Yamaha big wig flew in to tear down. No answers. New long block installed.