Yamaha 2020.

Just now, Kev144 said:

It's great.  Lot of people get shocks with 16+ clicks and set and forget.  The 3 options on qs3 is great. It does work well. 

The reality of these super nice, "16+ click" shocks are.....most don't know what the fuck to do with them and never will take the time to figure them out.  So, they ride fucked up shit.  It's sad...but, that really is the truth.  Three settings is all most will ever want/need out there.  It's a nice system.  I was wrong.  :lmao: 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I bet they would.  I put Elka Stage 3's on mine (front) and made a world of difference from the fox air shocks.

Not a big fan on air shocks.   I see guys constantly out pumping them up.  Had them on a bike and hated it over oil shocks.   

Just now, Zambroski said:

The reality of these super nice, "16+ click" shocks are.....most don't know what the fuck to do with them and never will take the time to figure them out.  So, they ride fucked up shit.  It's sad...but, that really is the truth.  Three settings is all most will ever want/need out there.  It's a nice system.  I was wrong.  :lmao: 

I think alot thought 3 clicks would be dumb but it's great for the people you mentioned. My xcr has hi/low speed adjustment so alot of adjustment but something like the qs3 would be good. 

46 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I think alot thought 3 clicks would be dumb but it's great for the people you mentioned. My xcr has hi/low speed adjustment so alot of adjustment but something like the qs3 would be good. 

Yep.  I actually think that is where these expensive shock packages are going to go.  It just makes sense and makes for a solid performance machine for most.  I’m a suspension freak but represent just a very small amount of sledders out there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What's sad is the manufacturers still, for the most part don't put rebound, hi and low speed compression on their shocks. Fucking dirt bikes have had that since the 80's.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Don't believe cat built the viper motor or the new 998 turbo.  

pretty sure they are . I think a lot of the parts are coming out of Japan but assembling here 

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, s pump said:

What's sad is the manufacturers still, for the most part don't put rebound, hi and low speed compression on their shocks. Fucking dirt bikes have had that since the 80's.

Well let's be honest here and you know the answer because you raced MotoX...as was mentioned the vast majority of snowmobilers have no use for or knowledge to properly set up Shocks like that. Guessing MotoX guys need those those Shocks and the knowledge to use them considering the average MotoX track.

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

they dont even do that cat is building the motor 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

pretty sure they are . I think a lot of the parts are coming out of Japan but assembling here 

The motor is shipped fully assembled from Japan. Fact.

And that's the sidewinder version of the Riot. Not the new sled.

2020-yamaha-copy6-jpg.146833

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well let's be honest here and you know the answer because you raced MotoX...as was mentioned the vast majority of snowmobilers have no use for or knowledge to properly set up Shocks like that. Guessing MotoX guys need those those Shocks and the knowledge to use them considering the average MotoX track.

Its really not rocket science. The tech is 40 years old and they keep putting shit shocks on most sleds.

4 hours ago, s pump said:

Yeah, I had those put in mine but....most can’t figure out basic settings let alone H/L comp settings.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly.  

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

Its really not rocket science. The tech is 40 years old and they keep putting shit shocks on most sleds.

but again most guys can't even set up some basic kyb clickers let alone set up a float 3 qs package .

fuck most don't even know what makes a trail skid diff than a mountain skid . he'll I would say most don't have a clue they are even diff besides the length of the track 

1 hour ago, Rw06GT said:

The motor is shipped fully assembled from Japan. Fact.

And that's the sidewinder version of the Riot. Not the new sled.

2020-yamaha-copy6-jpg.146833

Is the red 2-up in the ProCross chassis the new sled? :lol: 

5 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Is the red 2-up in the ProCross chassis the new sled? :lol: 

The sled being towed is obviously the SW Riot, which IS the new sled... Great idea Yamaha, everyone knows the perfect engine for a true 50/50 crossover is a heavy ass 4-stroke :lol: 

On 2/28/2019 at 8:30 PM, Highmark said:

That has the cat ctec engine in it. 

The way I understand it is, it was designed by Yamaha for Cat so it's basically Yamaha specs and Cat built it those specs? :dunno:

A decent vid here to help those that don't understand compression and rebound. I have these exact shocks on my 08 40th Anniversary Vector and I am real happy with them. I played around with the rebound (2 clicks down) settings during last weeks ride and I am real happy with the results. I was getting just a bit too much bounce/kickback through the bars so I tamed them down a bit. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, irv said:

The way I understand it is, it was designed by Yamaha for Cat so it's basically Yamaha specs and Cat built it those specs? :dunno:

The 600 ctec?  Don't think so. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

The 600 ctec?  Don't think so. 

13 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

WHAT ??  :lol: 

I can no longer find the article, but that's basically what it said, it's an Arctic Cat engine designed by Yamaha but built by Arctic Cat. I have no idea if or how true, and it could just be someone's opinion, but that is what I read. This is all I could currently find, but it really doesn't say much:: This utility model is equipped with a 600cc engine manufactured by Arctic Cat (600 C-TEC2). It appears to be a “Yamaha” version of the Norseman 6000"

12 minutes ago, irv said:

I can no longer find the article, but that's basically what it said, it's an Arctic Cat engine designed by Yamaha but built by Arctic Cat. I have no idea if or how true, and it could just be someone's opinion, but that is what I read. This is all I could currently find, but it really doesn't say much:: This utility model is equipped with a 600cc engine manufactured by Arctic Cat (600 C-TEC2). It appears to be a “Yamaha” version of the Norseman 6000"

Yes , the Norseman was a sport utility sled , not a motor.  Cat chassis, cat motor  The 600/ 6000 is a Greg Spaulding design as it the 800 /8000 and nearly every 2 stroke cat engine in the last 20 years .  Suzuki didn't design the older cat engines , Greg Spaulding and Cat did , Suzuki built them . Yamaha has designed nothing for cat ... ever ..zilcho .. nada ...... nothing . They supply them with a few 4 stroke engines .   The Turbo and now defunct non Turbo triple .    I  suspect Yamaha will supply a new 4 stroke non turbo at some point in the near future to replace the non turbo triple  :bc:

• Thanks 1