Yamaha 2020.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Unsure if this is their official site so take it for what its worth.   They've been awfully quiet.

Like them or not they are good for the sport.   The more sled mfg's we have the more competition and better technology.

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It will be identical the Cat 2020 "JUNK"

To each his own.   I love my Sidewinder for the trail.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It will be identical the Cat 2020 "JUNK"

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Ignore JT....he is a navel gazing no fun mopey type. :pan:

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I hated my SRX. The ride quality is flat out garbage for a 18K snowmobile. I was so bitterly disappointed in the ride quality and the weight of the SRX I broomed it after riding 400 miles. While the 850 I own doesn't have to power it outshines the SRX in every other way

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ignore JT....he is a navel gazing no fun mopey type. :pan:

Have you owned a procross or a Sidewinder? I've owned both and both were garbage. What do you ride????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

I hated my SRX. The ride quality is flat out garbage for a 18K snowmobile. I was so bitterly disappointed in the ride quality and the weight of the SRX I broomed it after riding 400 miles. While the 850 I own doesn't have to power it outshines the SRX in every other way

Have you owned a procross or a Sidewinder? I've owned both and both were garbage. What do you ride????

He doesn't ride, he's just a collector. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

:cry:

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Is the Yammie as good as ride quality as the Doo rear?   Nope.   Is it really good when it gets set up properly.   Yep.   

Personally I think the Yammie comes real close to the doo when you let the limiter out and get the shocks and cam set right.   I went beyond the factory adjustment by about an 1".   Let the center shock work more and had no impact on pushing.   I also sent to doo pilot 6.9's.  I've also pulled my transfer blocks and just have the shaft left in.  

No question you have to tune the Yammie to get it close to about any setting in the Doo but once you get there its really good.   If you know what you are doing and have good seat sense one ride tells you the adjustments that need done.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Friend of mine just bought an 900T Enduro like mine because his sidewinder is always in the shop.

Just now, Highmark said:

Is the Yammie as good as ride quality as the Doo rear?   Nope.   Is it really good when it gets set up properly.   Yep.   

Well JT hated his Yammie and likes his Poo so that is that!!!!!! Garbage!!!   

:ronald:

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

I'll tell her that.....:lol:

Did have mine pivot down to my knee's launching off a roller coaster at about 90.   Pucker factor much.   It was all my fault for not getting them quite tight enough after adjusting them from the factory.     

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did have mine pivot down to my knee's launching off a roller coaster at about 90.   Pucker factor much.   It was all my fault for not getting them quite tight enough after adjusting them from the factory.     

The whole steering post broke off of her sled for fatigue I'm guessing. Her husband decided to tear his Yammy apart after this happened to her sled . This what he foundNo photo description available.No photo description available.

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It's not close and it's not good. I had the best shock spring combination offered to date on a sidewinder. I road my buddies 2017 LTX LE  and the SRX was much better than that and it still sucked. I've ridden all the same trails between Munising and the Soo this year on both with almost Identical conditions from great to shitty and the SRX doesn't hold a Candle to this XRS gade. I was so bitterly sad about the ride quality of the SRX. The power and look of the SRX are hypnotizing. I wanted the SRX to be a home run. It's not.  

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

The whole steering post broke off of her sled for fatigue I'm guessing. Her husband decided to tear his Yammy apart after this happened to her sled . This what he foundNo photo description available.No photo description available.

Interesting.  Wonder if its a Viper problem?   Not seeing anything on TY4stroke on the Winders.  

I road Yamaha from 1997 to 2012. I've owned a Yamaha 242 Limited S Jet Boat, A raptor and 18 different Yamaha sleds, I love Yamaha. I'm currently looking at a 242X jet boat. I would love nothing more than to ride a Yamaha sled again. They just don't hold a candle to the DOO or POO. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It's not close and it's not good. I had the best shock spring combination offered to date on a sidewinder. I road my buddies 2017 LTX LE  and the SRX was much better than that and it still sucked. I've ridden all the same trails between Munising and the Soo this year on both with almost Identical conditions from great to shitty and the SRX doesn't hold a Candle to this XRS gade. I was so bitterly sad about the ride quality of the SRX. The power and look of the SRX are hypnotizing. I wanted the SRX to be a home run. It's not.  

Like I said to each his own and setup makes a huge difference.   What changes did you try?

I got 2 Renegades one is a 16 XRS and like I said their ride quality is fantastic but once dialed in the Winder is pretty close.   I've put well over 1000 miles on each and some days hop from one to the next.   I probably more a doo guy than anything so I'm not being pro Yammie biased in any way.   

• Like 1