No 2020 Cat 4strokes except the turbo.

lastzrt

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I wonder how many non turbo 4-strokes they sold.

Who the fuck wants a non-turbo 4s?  I guess there's a place for them..touring and shit?

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

The 800 class is the money 

Bingo.  Always has been.  And now...THE HYPERCLASSES!!!!  :lmao:

20 minutes ago, irv said:

No 129" skids? All 137's or longer. I assume the Yammies are the same way? Anyone know the release date of them?

I saw the R-XC was a 137.  not happy about that but...that seems to be where it's all headed.  :dunno:

6 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Just read on the book no in showroom sleds for cat for 2020. They were talking about the alpha then changed topic. 

I read something like that too but, not sure it's true yet.  This is the future of sledding though.  It makes sense to do it this way too.  Let consumers pick some options (tracks, colors, adds, etc) and build to suit.  I don't see it continuing to work the way it is now by filling a showroom full of sleds that don't 100% sell due to finicky consumers.

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I read something like that too but, not sure it's true yet.  This is the future of sledding though.  It makes sense to do it this way too.  Let consumers pick some options (tracks, colors, adds, etc) and build to suit.  I don't see it continuing to work the way it is now by filling a showroom full of sleds that don't 100% sell due to finicky consumers.

Exactly...there is Doo/Polaris dealer in Gaylord that still has a good amount of inventory. I just missed on a low mile used 16 Pro S but they still have new 2018 SB Assaults ...a 600 and 800. Not sure how much current inventory they are sitting on.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...there is Doo/Polaris dealer in Gaylord that still has a good amount of inventory. I just missed on a low mile used 16 Pro S but they still have new 2018 SB Assaults ...a 600 and 800. Not sure how much current inventory they are sitting on.

Left over 18 fine but we have a few cat dealers here sitting on new left over 13s and up

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Kev144 said:

Left over 18 fine but we have a few cat dealers here sitting on new left over 13s and up

Oh I know Cat dealers are lousy with leftovers....I was actually surprised this place has these  SBA's......11,600 OTD for the 800

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Who the fuck wants a non-turbo 4s?  I guess there's a place for them..touring and shit?

I saw the R-XC was a 137.  not happy about that but...that seems to be where it's all headed.  :dunno:

I know rich Jersey folk have been getting non turbo 900 Doo's as kids sled, I also know a few guys in their 70's that ride them lol

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Like I mentioned in another thread, I think when the time comes, a 129 is what I'll likely choose. The 137 would be nice for bridging the bumps better but that equals a bit more push in the corners as well. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Looks like skidoo has the four stroke market locked up. But really I don't think most snowmobilers really want them, except for the turbos. 

Honestly it's where Yamaha fucked up back in 2003, thinking 4 strokes were the entire future. I'm not sure you'll ever see 2 stroke snowmobiles going away unless the government finally forces them out. 

1 hour ago, irv said:

Like I mentioned in another thread, I think when the time comes, a 129 is what I'll likely choose. The 137 would be nice for bridging the bumps better but that equals a bit more push in the corners as well. 

I'd like to see someone ride a 137 and a 129 back to back without knowing what track length they were on and seeing if they actually notice the "push"

121 to 137 is different, but 4 inches more track on the ground I bet 95 percent of people couldn't tell...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Honestly it's where Yamaha fucked up back in 2003, thinking 4 strokes were the entire future. I'm not sure you'll ever see 2 stroke snowmobiles going away unless the government finally forces them out. 

I'd like to see someone ride a 137 and a 129 back to back without knowing what track length they were on and seeing if they actually notice the "push"

121 to 137 is different, but 4 inches more track on the ground I bet 95 percent of people couldn't tell...

You could be right? I am just going by what I have read, plus, because of the length of my trailer, a 129 just makes more sense to me even though I have been told a 137 will fit, but just. 

10 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

My dad and I have swapped sleds a few times this season and it's barely noticeable, he's got a 2019 Renegade X and I'm on the 2019 MXZ XRS.