Snowmobile catches fire at gas station

irv

Looks like numb nuts wasn't watching while filling and spilled fuel all over his sled. You can see a guy point that out just before the fire. Could have ended ugly!

Edited by irv

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are Skidoo riders all this retarded?

I can't believe he didn't try to move his sled away from the pumps! He had enough time to get some things out of his rear trunk though! :pan:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, irv said:

I can't believe he didn't try to move his sled away from the pumps! He had enough time to get some things out of his rear trunk though! :pan:

i don't think it was running,  last thing i'm doing is starting it up while it's on fire.  

I fueled mine while running last trip up as i was having starter issues,  wish this had happened to it at the pumps in jackman 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't think it was running,  last thing i'm doing is starting it up while it's on fire.  

I fueled mine while running last trip up as i was having starter issues,  wish this had happened to it at the pumps in jackman 

Are they really that heavy to drag to the side away from the pumps? I wasn't suggesting the guy start it! 

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Clean up on pump 2

I am not sure what this guys Doo weighed but I am pretty sure it is likely lighter than my Vector? I know it wouldn't be too difficult to grab my rear bumper and give it slide/pull on the snow away from the pumps. 

Sorry, meant to quote Tinker. :bc:

Edited by irv

11 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Define heavy Yama Irv...

;) 

I am not sure what this guys Doo weighed but I am pretty sure it is likely lighter than my Vector? I know it wouldn't be too difficult to grab my rear bumper and give it slide/pull on the snow away from the pumps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Then we wouldn’t have gotten to see Vince pull up in the expedition and save the day. :lol:  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, irv said:

i would say it's heavier than the vector.  and sliding the front end which is on fires not realistic.  

2 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I'm pretty impressed with the plow guy.  Smart move.  Not sure if the snow ice part was intentional, but it worked.

Yeah that was quick thinking. That could have escalated fast.

In the beginning of the vid, you can see him take off his heated shield cord and lay it across the bars. Bet he is one of the guys who don't know the difference between positive and negative. Fire looks like it started right by the cord end. Probably touched something grounded and poof.