Tell me how this is fair...WTF.

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Instead of men or male and women or female sporting events they should classify them as XX and XY events.  At least there would be science behind it if it was done that way.

Heard this on  NPR just the other day

No response here from the site libtwats?  I’ll wait for that.  My guess is, they’d be fine with Amy Adams Apple stealing the victory from their daughters.  Maybe they can convince their daughters to be their “sons”?  That way they can compete in male sports?  Wait, how do they win there?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Instead of men or male and women or female sporting events they should classify them as XX and XY events.  At least there would be science behind it if it was done that way.

Well, I think everyone understands this, but then no one could play the victim and there would be no questions and speculation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

No response here from the site libtwats?  I’ll wait for that.  My guess is, they’d be fine with Amy Adams Apple stealing the victory from their daughters.  Maybe they can convince their daughters to be their “sons”?  That way they can compete in male sports?  Wait, how do they win there?

If a woman becomes a center on a football team, a roughing the snapper penalty could be interesting. :lmao:

• Haha 3

On 2/24/2019 at 8:20 PM, BOHICA said:

They used to do that until they realized it was unreliable. X and Y chromosomes don't always express in the same way and it turned out a small percentage of women are XY and a small percentage of men are XX  Then they switched to testing testosterone levels, but that didn't work out either. Apparently females produce testosterone at widely varying levels. There are multiple cases of women, born female, who were redefined as men and disqualified from competition due to unreliable claims they were too biologically similar to men.

8 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

They used to do that until they realized it was unreliable. X and Y chromosomes don't always express in the same way and it turned out a small percentage of women are XY and a small percentage of men are XX  Then they switched to testing testosterone levels, but that didn't work out either. Apparently females produce testosterone at widely varying levels. There are multiple cases of women, born female, who were redefined as men and disqualified from competition due to unreliable claims they were too biologically similar to men.

How about commenting on the OP. 

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I figured I'd contribute actual facts instead of ruminating on the abstract concept of fairness.

Here are some facts: 

Yearwood came in at second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is the other transgender who set a meet record of 6.95 seconds.

The third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.

The women's world record for the 55 meter dash is by Gwen Torrance U of Georgia at 6.56 03/14/1987 https://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=indoor track %26 field&age=open&sport=TF

Now we have a HS kid who is within .31 of a second of a world record that was set by a 22 year old woman who also happens to have Gold Medal in the 200 meter race................it's not fair.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Here are some facts: 

Yearwood came in at second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is the other transgender who set a meet record of 6.95 seconds.

The third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.

The women's world record for the 55 meter dash is by Gwen Torrance U of Georgia at 6.56 03/14/1987 https://www.usatf.org/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=indoor track %26 field&age=open&sport=TF

Now we have a HS kid who is within .31 of a second of a world record that was set by a 22 year old woman who also happens to have Gold Medal in the 200 meter race................it's not fair.

This same kind of discrepancy happened in India with a runner who was not transgender. I'm not here to say what is and isn't fair, but the numbers game isn't so clear cut when it comes to this topic.