New Doos'

Poncho

There isn't any lag with the turbo.  I'm not a fan of the ITC but am getting use to it.  It is crazy jumpy in sport mode.  There are a few things with it that have given me an oh shit moment.  If you come into a corner and blip the throttle you best be ready for it to start to accelerate.  It's not like a 2 stroke where it comes down to idle quickly.  I had to grab a handful of break so I didn't blow the corner.  Most of the time I just run in standard mode.  If you're cruising and grab a handful, the sled pulls hard with no hesitation.  It wold be interesting to jump on one with a 195 tune to see what that feels like

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

There isn't any lag with the turbo.  I'm not a fan of the ITC but am getting use to it.  It is crazy jumpy in sport mode.  There are a few things with it that have given me an oh shit moment.  If you come into a corner and blip the throttle you best be ready for it to start to accelerate.  It's not like a 2 stroke where it comes down to idle quickly.  I had to grab a handful of break so I didn't blow the corner.  Most of the time I just run in standard mode.  If you're cruising and grab a handful, the sled pulls hard with no hesitation.  It wold be interesting to jump on one with a 195 tune to see what that feels like

That is the engine braking i would think, you don't get any of that on a 2 stroke.. My 18 1200 has the ITC as well, its different but interesting, sport mode adds a bit of stupid fun thats for sure

This is what scares me about a turbo on a sled, 

(the turbo is red-hot), maybe normal for some but that would really eat into the longevity of the turbo. This is a 900 ace turbo, posted on some fb groups a couple weeks ago. 

52422288_1842087505895773_5301591696130179072_n.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Standard for a turbo. There’s a guy on doo talk that has 13700 miles on his now 

I've been reading those posts. What I found puzzling was the Dupont slides and carbides he pulled from his old sled to put on the new 900T. The slides now have like 30,000 miles (yes miles) on them and the carbides have 20,000. Something like that anyways.

For the cost, why would you remove the slides and put them on a new sled? Maybe to see how far they can go.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I've been reading those posts. What I found puzzling was the Dupont slides and carbides he pulled from his old sled to put on the new 900T. The slides now have like 30,000 miles (yes miles) on them and the carbides have 20,000. Something like that anyways.

For the cost, why would you remove the slides and put them on a new sled? Maybe to see how far they can go.

I was kind of scratching my head at that one as well.  Why not just put new ones on.  Looks like his secondary spring finally broke.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thinking of snowchecking a 2020 Renegade XRS 850 or 900T.

Would be selling/trading the 2012 Adventure Poo.

Go 4 stroke. Friggin  2 strokes piss me off now. 

Let me know on the 600. Looking for a sled for my daughter  or wife to use next winter for  Im sure a total of 250 miles.

5 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Go 4 stroke. Friggin  2 strokes piss me off now. 

Let me know on the 600. Looking for a sled for my daughter  or wife to use next winter for  Im sure a total of 250 miles.

You going to give us the whole story? :snack:

3 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

blew a cylinder in my sons etec. no idea why. 

was nice temp and no overheat. probably leaned out somehow. maybe an injector went bad.

That's the shits and fuck of a time to go down. Season is prime right now and I'm heading to the Camp Thursday night was going to see if you'd be around. 

How many miles were on it?

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That's the shits and fuck of a time to go down. Season is prime right now and I'm heading to the Camp Thursday night was going to see if you'd be around. 

How many miles were on it?

I'm heading out of town for a week and a bit so he is going to be riding my sled. Primetime burn down sucks but what can you do. 

only 3700 miles. very low. that's what is weird about it.

3 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'm heading out of town for a week and a bit so he is going to be riding my sled. Primetime burn down sucks but what can you do. 

Damn, fucking 2 strokes is always a fun game.

:bc:

11 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

How many did your son put on it since you got it?